Monday, April 1, 2019

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Wash

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to attend LA's Swankiest Beauty Boudoir and All Things Girly Event in May 2014. I know it was a long time ago but I'm kind of slow like that. They were kind enough to give me a goody bag.

Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the body wash in the middle from Peter Thomas Roth.
I received two Peter Thomas Roth body products. For this post, I will review the wash on the left.
Product Review: Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Wash

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at peterthomasroth.com
Price: $20 for 8.5 fl oz/250 mL

Description from the website:
What is is:
A luxurious body wash with a refreshing scent to thoroughly cleanse and revitalize the skin.
What it is formulated to do:
Perfect for use in the shower or bath, Mega-Rich Body Wash is uniquely formulated with innovative moisturizing beads that release nourishing vitamins A, C, E, and pro vitamin B5 when massaged onto the skin. It leaves skin clean, soft, smooth, and fresh.
With is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Phthalates
Research results:
In a 2-day consumer efficacy study on 25 women:
- 96% agreed their skin felt clean
- 92% agreed their skin felt smoother
- 88% agreed their skin felt revitalized
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I actually used it and then I stopped three fourth of the bottle. I stopped using it to review another product. Now that I came back to this product, I realized I never reviewed it.
Here's a swatch on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. To be honest, I cannot remember the scent. I do remember I liked the scent but now I'm so used to it, I don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it has a sweet floral to it. Secondly, the product I received is a smaller version of the full-sized. It's simple and I love that it's see through. You can see the product go down while using. It's all mental but the thought of using something while it's going down, makes me feel productive. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to hold with one hand while using. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not thin that it runs everywhere. It's also not thick it's hard to work with. It's a good consistency and easy to use. I squeeze a quarter size amount onto a wash cloth and lather with slight water. It easily lathers and I was impressed the balls dissolves. That's the one thing I dislike about some scrubs. I hate when there are leftover exfoliates because it doesn't dissolve. I have to spend extra time in the shower cleaning that off the tub. You don't have to worry about that with this product. With that said, I felt cleaner afterwards. It could be all mental but the skin felt smoother and softer. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It's a nice body wash. With that said, I'm not too sure if it's sold out or discontinued. I could not find it on their website.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple packaging.
* See through; can see the product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Easily lathers.
* Balls dissolve.
* Feels clean afterwards.
* Skin feels smoother and softer.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores (I think it's discontinued).

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...