Friday, April 26, 2019

Morphe Liquid Lipstick in Schoolgirl

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2019, I purchased some lip products form ULTA.

Here is my small haul. I already reviewed ColourPop Lux Lipstick in Lay Over (right). For this post, I will review the lipstick from Morphe on the left.
Product Review: Morphe Liquid Lipstick in Schoolgirl

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at morphebrushes.com
Price: $10 for 4.5 mL/0.15 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website:
Available in 18 kiss-proof shades
There's always two sides to every lip story. This long-wearing, kiss-proof lipstick goes on liquid-smooth and dries down to a velvety, matte finish. Just like that. Go on and mouth off in super-saturated color. All day. Every day.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Mica (CI 77019), Cera Alba (Beeswax/Cire d’Abeille), Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Flavor, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. +/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410A), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77820).
Thoughts: When it comes to Morphe, I haven't purchase in awhile. While walking around ULTA, I saw this product. I thought nothing of it until I swatch the liquid lipstick. No matter how much I rubbed the liquid lipstick of my hand, it wouldn't come off. For this particular reason, I was intrigued. I decided to try one.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "rose pink" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while applying. It's not that strong but you do smell it. It smells like vanilla. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's looks like the future. I think it has to do with the top. It looks futuristic. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and it's see through. If you own more than one, you can distinguish the colors. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It comes with a typical doe foot applicator. It's slanted on one side of the tip. I use the slanted tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. It's also a decent size to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy liquid. A lot of liquid lipsticks are liquidity to a point it feels like water on the lips. This is liquidity but slightly thicker. It doesn't feel like water on the lips. You can feel a slight creaminess. It also doesn't tug on the lips. It goes on smoothly. With that said, it's easy to use. I just glide on the lips and make sure you don't press the lips together. It will make the liquid lipstick thicker especially in the center of the lips. I did it the first time and after thirty minutes, it didn't look pretty especially in the center of the lips. The liquid lipstick look chunky. After a minute, the liquid lipsticks dries matte and it becomes transfer-proof. With any liquid lipsticks that dries, you need to exfoliate before using. It will adhere to the lips and show all the fine and thick lines, as well as, your chapped skin. It all depends on the brand and the consistency. Some will show more thicker lines than other. I'm not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks that show the thick lines. You don't have to worry with this product. It looks nice on the lips. It's light-weight, not sticky, and doesn't feel like you wearing any lip product. Fourth, the color is soft and natural. If you are looking for shiny lip product with glitters, this isn't it. It has a slight metallic in the color. With that said, it's great all year round and great for work. You can wear it with heavy eye makeup as well. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one layer was good enough for my light to medium skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. The grease from the food coated the liquid lipstick and broke down the chemistry. For this reason, the liquid lipstick doesn't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I tried this lip product. It's a good liquid lipstick. I'm not the biggest fan of metallic and this has slight metallic sheen.

Pros:
* Doesn't have a strong scent.
* Futuristic, well-made and sturdy packaging.
* See through; can distinguish the colors.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Doe foot applicator; tip to outline and the flat surface to fill in the remaining.
* Creamy liquid consistency.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Easy to use.
* Don't press the lips together while applying.
* Matte.
* Transfer-proof.
* Doesn't show the thick lines.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Soft and natural color.
* Great all year round, everyday, and with smokey eye makeup.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slight metallic to the color.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...