Friday, April 12, 2019

ColourPop Lux Lipstick in Lay Over

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2019, I purchased some lip products form ULTA.

Here is my small haul. For this post, I will review the lipstick from ColourPop on the right.
Product Review: ColourPop Lux Lipstick in Lay Over

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at colourpop.com
Price: $7 for 3.5 g/ 0.12 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: This full-coverage lipstick is packed full of the finest pigments to give you long-wearing, true color in shades made for every skin tone. This super pigmented formula glides on like butter from or exclusive LUX blend of Acai, Jojoba and Pomegranate Seed butters that hydrate and keep your lips looking fresh AF. Natural antioxidants protect your lips from environmental stressors and premature aging.
Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Hydrated Silica, Flavor, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Butter, Euterpe Olerecea Pulp Powder , Punica Granatum Seed Oil; MAY CONTAIN: Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
Thoughts: I've been curious about the Lux Lipsticks from ColourPop for some time. When I saw it at my nearest ULTA, I knew I wanted to try one. I just didn't know which color I wanted to try. From the selection from my ULTA, this particular color stood out.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. There are tiny stars all over the plastic tube.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick/color. There are tiny stars on the lipstick itself. The website describes the color as "medium rosy beige" and I have to agree.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. Since it's so light, I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it has plant-based scent. It's not my type of scent but it's not noticeable while applying. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's really attractive and to be honest, one of the reason why I wanted to try this lipstick. The packaging is rose gold with lots of tiny stars. The tiny stars matches the star inside the box packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Not only is the packaging nice, the inside is nice as well. It has tiny stars but bigger than the stars on the tube. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy and glides on. It does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the sharp part to outline the lip and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. If you are looking for a shiny lip product or with glitters, this isn't for you. It's a creamy lipstick and on the matte side. It's light-weight, not greasy, and doesn't feel like you are wearing any lip product. I also recommend exfoliating before using this product. It showed all my imperfections especially the dry, chapped skin. Fourth, the color is nice. It's not out there gorgeous. It's a normal, neutral mauve color that you often see. With that said, it's a great everyday color you can wear all year round. It'll look good with light and smoked out makeup. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough on my light to medium skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after eating. For this particular reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. It's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this lipstick. It's a good quality lipstick. I just wasn't blown with the color. I would definitely try other colors in this line.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Attractive, well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Attractive lipstick itself.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* On the matte side.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Does not feel like you are wearing a lip product.
* Recommend exfoliating before using.
* Nice, normal, neutral mauve color.
* Great everyday color all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Will show your imperfections.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other ColourPop products reviewed/swatch:
Lippie Stix
Konichiwa
Super Shock Shadow
So Quiche
Ultra Satin Lip
Alyssa
Tiny Chum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...