Friday, April 5, 2019

MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In February 2019, I bought some products from ULTA.

For this post, I will review the MAC product on the bottom right.
Product Review: MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $19.00 for 3 g/ 0.1 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Matte, totally reinvented. Delivering a romantic blur of soft-focus colour, this weightless moisture-matte lipstick was developed to replicate a backstage technique: blending out edges of matte lipstick for a hazy effect. Its groundbreaking formula contains moisture-coated powder pigments that condition and hydrate lips. The result is the zero-shine look of a matte lipstick with the cushiony, lightweight feel of a balm. Fall for this all-new-soft-touch, misty matte kiss of colour.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When this first came out last year 2018, I thought nothing of it until I saw it in person. I loved how it felt on the skin, as well as, the lips. Since then I wanted to purchase this particular color, but it was always sold out. When I saw it available in February, I knew I had to grab it. It was always in my thoughts.
Here's a closer look at the packaging compared to their normal, original lipsticks on the left. Powder Kiss Lipstick is on the right with the matte texture.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "dirty peach." I don't know if I completely agree. It's definitely peach with some pink.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent. It reminds me of plant-based, organic scent. I'm not too keen on the scent but it doesn't bother me. I just sniffed the product and smells the same. Secondly, it looks like a typical MAC lipstick except the texture on the packaging is matte. It also has a velvet feel. I hope it doesn't get sticky with time like a lot of velvet-like packaging beauty products. I'm not a fan of that type of packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the pointy tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. If you are looking for a shiny lipstick, this isn't for you. It's a matte and has no glitters whatsoever. It's my type of lipstick; simple and matte. When it comes to matte lipsticks, you need to exfoliate beforehand or else it will show all the imperfections. That day I exfoliated but my lips were still dry, some of the chapped parts peaked through. It's not that noticeable unless you look closely. This is my favorite part of this line. The reason why they call it Powder is because after a few seconds, it doesn't feel like lipstick whatsoever. It feels like powder. It's smooth, not greasy, and doesn't even feel like you have anything on. The color glows from within. It looks natural but you know it's not natural. Even though it's matte, it's not transfer-proof. I just kissed my hand and I can see the lipstick mark. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's very natural, everyday color, and you can wear it throughout the year. I don't know if it's me but it seems like there are a lot more colors on the MAC website than at my ULTA. Either that or they added more since the last time I purchased. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough to show on my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lipsticks don't last that long on me. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. The website describes it as hydrating. I'm not too sure if it is but with usage, I can see the lips improving. I'm so glad I got this product. I really like it!

Pros:
* Matte, velvet-like packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Pointy tip outlines the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining.
* Matte.
* No glitters.
* Doesn't feel like lipstick, feels like powder.
* Lips are smooth.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on the lips.
* Looks natural.
* Pretty color.
* Great everyday color.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* No drying.
* Lasts until I eat.

Cons:
* Plant-based, organic scent.
* Will show imperfections.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...