Monday, May 23, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in All Things OOO

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2022, I bought one Essie polish from CVS.
This is Essie in All Things OOO. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as a "pastel peach" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in All Things OOO, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tips help paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is clean and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take you time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no bubbles. Unfortunately, there are streaking. You can see your nail beds with each coat. Fourth, it's a pretty peachy color. It's probably the best I have seen. Would I say the color is unique? Yes in the sense I have not seen such a peachy color this pretty. I am sure you can find similar colors in other brands but it doesn't see the same to me. It's a great spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented because it peaks through to your natural nail beds. The part that is solid and you do not see the nail beds is pigmented. I did two coats but you can do more. I personally do not want to do more. I like polishes not looking thick on the nails. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I also barely saw chipping on the tips and I am on the fifth day. This is the reason why I love this particular polish from this brand. I am glad I got this product. I like the color so much that I can oversee the streaking.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...