Monday, May 9, 2022

Manicure Monday: Color Club in Bouquet of the Day

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile. I went on vacation and needed some time for myself. With that said recently I visited T.J. Maxx, January 2022, and saw this nail polish kit.
It's Color Club 7 Pc Pinkies Up Kit. The kit was on the website when I first reviewed a polish from this kit. It's not there anymore. I am not too sure why. Anyways, I had to grab this kit. The price is less than one nail polish. That is amazing! I already reviewed Color Club in Can You Dig It? (sixth from the left), Color Club in Hashtag Sponsored (second from the left), Color Club in Influencer (first from the left), Color Club in Olive Paris (fourth from the left), and Color Club in Don't Steal My Thunder (fifth from the left). For this post, I will review the polish seventh from the left.
This is Color Club in Bouquet of the Day. Since I did a thorough review of Color Club in Chalk It Up, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's brighter and more neon on the nails than the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner and the length is the same. The width is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Color Club in Bouquet of the Day, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't something I would reach for. It's too thin for my taste but with the consistency, it works. It made it spread easily. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside before using it. The straight tip made it slightly hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. If you are a more experienced painter, it shouldn't be hard. I am just lazy and not good at cleaning while painting. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's an alright consistency. It's just thicker than I am used to. Even though it's thicker than I am used to, you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a neon pink. It's a great spring and summer color. Would I say it's unique? No, you can find in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage. I did see slight chipping on the tips on the fifth day but it was slight. Since it was neon, it was noticeable. I am glad I got this polish. It's a pretty neon baby pink color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Color Club polishes reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...