Wednesday, December 11, 2019

pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In July 2017, I attended CosmoProf Las Vegas. I already reviewed Lechat in Fantaseaella + mila Velvet Matte in X on the BeachSkinn Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows in Non-MatteNature Nut For Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo and ConditionerLuLuLun Plus in RoseDengi Hair IronBioRepublic No More Years Eternal Radiance MaskLisse Real Hydrogen Rejuvenate MaskLuLuLun Plus in Clary SageNature Nut Moisturizing Body LotionLuLuLun Plus in Smooth GoldNature Nut Moisturizing Shower GelWet Brush Paddle in BlackEmbellish Hand and Body LotionLisse Real Hydrogen Yuza Snow Ice CreamSkinn Orchid Gel Canvas-Ready Treatment Eye Primer with Orchid Flower ExtractHenne Rose Diamonds Lip ExfoliatorPapa Recipe Bombee Whitening Honey MaskPapa Recipe Bombee Ginseng Red Honey Oil MaskPapa Recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask, Daily Concepts Exfoliating Body Scrubber, and Little Green Nourishing Body Lotion. For this post, I will review a moisturizer from pai.

Where to purchase: online at paiskincare.com
Price: $49.93 for 50 mL

Made in UK

Description from the website: The ultimate treat for very sensitive and reactive skin, our Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream is formulated to soothe and hydrate even the most delicate complexions using only the cleanest natural ingredients.

Using premium organic CO2 extracts of calming German Chamomile and restorative Rosehip, this light and silky cream quickly diminishes flare-ups of redness and eases visible irritation.

Made with Rosacea-prone skin in mind, our Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream is free from ingredients that can irritate reactive complexions including drying alcohols, synthetic fragrance, witch hazel, menthol, eucalyptus and peppermint.
Ingredients:
Aqua - Purified Water, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil* - Apricot Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil* - Jojoba Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil* - Thistle Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment - Skin Conditioner, Cetearyl Alcohol - Naturally Derived Emulsifier , Glycerin - Organic Derived Vegetable Glycerine, Rosa Canina Seed Extract* - Rosehip Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter* - Shea Butter, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Water* - Orange Fruit Water, Cetearyl Glucoside - Naturally Derived Emulsifier , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract* - Chamomile Extract, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil - Manuka Oil, Sodium Levulinate -Naturally Derived Preservative, Tocopherol - Natural Vitamin E, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil* - Lavender Oil, Sodium Anisate -Naturally Derived Preservative , Pelargonium Graveolens Oil* - Rose Geranium Oil, Lactic Acid - pH Regulator , Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate - Naturally Derived Emulsifier, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract* - Rosemary Oil 
Thoughts: To be honest, I was not too sure what to expect. I don't know the brand, as well as, I received deluxe samples. I received the second by accident. I prefer to review full-size products when it comes to moisturizers, because it takes days before you actually see results. Even though these are deluxe samples, I got an idea right away.
Here's a closer look at the deluxe sample.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look of the cream on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. It smells like plant. It's very fresh and feels like you are in a forest. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. I noticed when you start massaging the product that's when you will start smelling the scent. It only lasts for a few minutes. It's not my type of scent but I actually don't mind. Secondly, I cannot say the packaging of the full-size since I don't own one. I also have not seen it in person. I can only talk about the deluxe sample I received. It's actually nice and cute. I like the flower designs. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. It comes in a pump and you have full control of the pump. I believe the full-size comes with a pump as well. You can also feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while you are applying. It's a good consistency. I think it will be great for normal to dry skin individuals. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. I also think it's a good consistency for the dry, winter season. With that said, it's easy to use. I just pump two and apply onto my face. I do an extra pump for the neck. My skin absorbs the product easily. Then again I have dry skin and it will take any moisturizer needed. It leaves a nice, smooth texture. It's not greasy, sticky, overwhelming, and it's light-weight. Lastly, I only used this as a morning moisturizer. I used another brand for the night. For that reason, I cannot say how my skin felt the next day. I can only talk about how it felt throughout the day. If I need to reapply throughout the day because of tightness, that's not a good sign. I did not have to reapply with this particular cream. I applied once in the morning and that was it. My skin felt comfortable and I did not feel any tightness. That's a huge plus for me. Also, I noticed I wake up with marks on my skin from sleeping. As we age, it takes longer to smooth out. That's another thing I look for and this particular product smooth out my skin pretty quickly after applying. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a good product!

Pros:
* Light plant-like scent while applying.
* Nice and cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Full control of the quantity you pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Great for normal to dry skin.
* Great for dry winter season.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Light-weight.
* Did not have to reapply.
* Comfortable.
* No tightness.
* Smooth out sleep marks.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...