Monday, October 29, 2018

Skinn Orchid Gel Canvas-Ready Treatment Eye Primer with Orchid Flower Extract

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In July 2017, I attended CosmoProf Las Vegas. I already reviewed Lechat in Fantaseaella + mila Velvet Matte in X on the BeachSkinn Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows in Non-MatteNature Nut For Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo and ConditionerLuLuLun Plus in RoseDengi Hair IronBioRepublic No More Years Eternal Radiance MaskLisse Real Hydrogen Rejuvenate MaskLuLuLun Plus in Clary SageNature Nut Moisturizing Body LotionLuLuLun Plus in Smooth GoldNature Nut Moisturizing Shower GelWet Brush Paddle in BlackEmbellish Hand and Body Lotion, and Lisse Real Hydrogen Yuza Snow Ice Cream. The first appointment I had was with Skinn.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the products she was kind enough to give us. I already reviewed Skinn Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows in Non-Matte (bottom left). For this post, I will review the eye primer on the top middle.
Product Review: Skinn Orchid Gel Canvas-Ready Treatment Eye Primer with Orchid Flower Extract

Where to purchase: online at skinn.com
Price: $20 for 10 mL/ 0.34 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: Extend the wear of your eyeshadows, intensify the colors and create an all-day, crease-proof canvas with this anti-aging treatment eye primer. Enriched with Orchid Flower Extract and blend of White Lily and Apply Extract to help hydrate, firm and smooth dry, lined-looking lids. A silky blend of state-of-the-art silicones, special micro-powders and pigments effortlessly glide over lids, helping to immediately blur the look of uneven skin texture, brighten the appearance of tired-looking eyes and visibly neutralize redness and discolorations. Eyes are left looking supple, smooth and prepped for perfection.
Ingredients:
ISODODECANE, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, MICA, C18-38 ALKYL HYDROXYSTEAROYL STEARATE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), AQUA, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BORON NITRIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, TRIMETHOXYSILICATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PHYSALIS PUBESCENS FRUIT JUICE, LILIUM CANDIDUM FLOWER EXTRACT, PTYCHOPETALUM OLACOIDES BARK/ROOT EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL/CAPRYL GLUCOSIDE, PFAFFIA PANICULATA ROOT EXTRACT, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CHLORPHENESIN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891
Thoughts: I was excited to try this eye primer. I was towards the end of the previous primer and this came into my life at the right time.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look of the swatch on my hand.
Here's a comparison of no primer (left) versus with primer (right). I applied the same eyeshadow one swipe. The one on the right was more pigmented, as well as, as it was harder to remove.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. I like that it comes in a tube. It's easy to squeeze and you have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Not only that, the color is pretty. It's a very pretty purple and it actually stands out compared to my other beauty products. Most of the brands are packaged in white, black, neutral, and so on. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic that is squeezable. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is medium. To be honest, it reminds me of a lot of eye primers in the market. The only difference between eye primers are how the eyeshadows adhere to the primer, as well as, does it crease throughout the day. I tend to look for primers that are more on the drier side. For some reason, I build oil right in my crease and some primers doesn't stop the oil from building. For this reason, you see creasing. I only found one in the market that stops the oil from building. Since it's on the drier side, it's hard to blend the shadows when it adheres to the primer. If you have slight oiliness, it helps blend the shadows. You could never have what you want. There's always pros and cons. With that said, let me tell you about this primer. It's easy to apply. I just put a small dab and blend it out. I highly recommend doing one eye at a time. My previous primer is drier than this product so I had to blend quickly. Since it dries so quickly and if the sides of the eyes (where the crow's feet is) are dry, you can see the dry patches as soon as I blend the primer. I did not have to worry about that with this primer. It tells me this primer is not on the dry side. Even though it's not dry, it does dry quickly. As soon as I apply one primer on each eye, I can apply eyeshadow without the fear of the primer being wet. I wouldn't say it's the most easiest to blend the shadows but it isn't hard. It's definitely easier than the previous primer. I also noticed especially after doing the test swatch on my hand, refer to picture above, the eyeshadow are more pigmented compared to when applied without primer. Lastly, it lasts all day without creasing, smudging, and fading. The eyeshadows looks at the end of the day as I applied it. When I did the swatch test on my hand, refer to the picture, I rubbed the shadows with my fingers and the one with the primer took effort to remove. I'm glad I got to try this primer. It's a good one, but the only thing that I didn't like is the hole of the opening. After months, it becomes hard to squeeze the product out. I just pick through the hole with a toothpick and it fixes it right away until next time. To be honest, it's not a big deal!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Comes in a tube.
* Pretty purple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Not that dry even though it dries quickly.
* Not hard to blend the shadows after it adheres to the primer.
* Eyeshadows are more pigmented.
* Lasts all day without creasing, smudging, and fading.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Hole of the opening dries up after months.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Skinn products reviewed/swatch:
Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...