Friday, December 27, 2019

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Paaarty

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Every year Sephora gives a small gift on your birthday. This was the gift I received in 2017. I know I am late in the game but I am still going to review it.
In the small gift, I received a small blush and a lip paint from Tarte. I already reviewed Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit (bottom right). For this post, I will review the blush on the top right.
Product Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Paaarty

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at tartecosmetics.com
Price: $29 for 5.6 g/ 0.20 oz

Made in China

Description from the website:
What It Is
The best things in life make you blush! Including this award-winning powder blush that looks flawless all day, thanks to longwearing Amazonian clay.

What It Does
* Super soft, silky powder chock full of true-color mineral pigments lets you layer on your glow with no harsh lines or chalky build-up
* Micronized Amazonian clay helps control oil & infuse moisture for balanced skin & seamless blending
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I own couple of Tarte blushes but I hardly touch them. I also noticed I never reviewed them. To be honest, I don't know why. When I saw this blush, I didn't think I would like it because of the color. It looks more on the brown side or at least with my eyes. It was a different story on.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the blush.
Here's a swatch of the blush on my hand. The website describes it as "nude" but I don't know if I completely agree. I think it's on the nude side but more a peachy nude.
Here's how I look without the blush.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's how I look with the blush. Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever Palette 9 Artist Shadow on the eyes and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick in Cocoa Bite on the lips.
Here's the same look at a different angle.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the blush and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's a mini version of the full-size. It's simple and clean looking. The packaging matches the color of the blush. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart easily. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse and bag. It's also small enough to hold with one hand. If you are looking for a blush with a mirror, this doesn't come with one. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels like butter in-between the fingers. With that said, it's easy to use. I pick up the blush with my brush. When I look at my brush, it doesn't look like it picked up anything but it applies nicely on the skin. It's kind of confusing to the mental mind or maybe just my mind. It leaves a nice, smooth texture on the skin. It doesn't look like I applied blush. It looks like a glow coming from within. It's very natural and pretty on my skin. I also like the design on the blush. It's on the top layers but it isn't one of those that comes off after couple of usage. It takes quite a few usage before the design disappears. Fourth, it's a pretty peachy nude blush. It's a color that doesn't stand out. It's not bright. It's more a natural color. It will be great on pale to medium skin tone. I think it might be too light for darker skin but I could be wrong. It also doesn't have glitter. It leaves a matte texture. It's great all year round, as well as, for work. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. I definitely don't think it's pigmented. Couple of layers were good on my skin tone. The color is build-able and doesn't make me look like a clown. It builds nicely on the skin. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. Then again I have dry skin. Most products last all day on me. It doesn't fade or smudge throughout the day. It looks like how I applied at the end of the day. I'm glad I got this blush. It's been my go to blush these last several months. It is something that will get a lot of love from me!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Packaging matches the color of the blush; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Looks like a glow coming from within.
* Natural and pretty on the skin.
* Pretty design on the top layers.
* Pretty peachy nude color.
* Great on pale to medium skin tone.
* Does not have glitter.
* Matte.
* Great all year round and work.
* Build-able pigment.
* Doesn't fade.
* Doesn't smudge.
* Lasts all day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Does not come with a mirror.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tarte products reviewed/swatch:
 Birthday Suit
TBT
Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Rose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...