Monday, December 30, 2019

Dr.Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I believe it was in November 2019 when I visited T.J. Maxx. While looking around, I saw sheet mask kit from Dr.Jart+. I had to get it.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at us.drjart.com
Price: $4.50 for 1 mask 25 g/ 0.88 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: This Vital Hydra Solution Mask is made with fine cellulose fiber to help active ingredients penetrate deeply for ultimate hydration.

It contains aquaxyl and xylitol to enhance moisture retention and strengthen the skin's barrier by preventing water loss. Oligo-hyaluronic acid and algae extract supports long-lasting moisturization and supports natural collagen synthesis to keep skin looking and feeling hydrated and completely refreshed.
Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Panthenol, Betaine, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Algae Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Arginine, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil.
Thoughts: For years, I've always been curious about Dr.Jart+. I just couldn't spend the money. I feel like they cost more than a lot of Korean products. For this reason, I was excited to see this brand at my nearest T.J. Maxx.
Here's a closer look at the singular packs of sheet mask.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light I cannot distinguish the smell. I also noticed with time, I got used to the scent and don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and there's a light scent. It's so light you cannot distinguish but the smell is on the floral side. Secondly, I like the packaging of both the box and singular pack. It's simple and clean. The singular pack is well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag and purse. The dimension of the mask is wide and long. It's pretty generous. I also noticed it stretches easily. If it's not wide or long enough, you can stretch to make it fit. It's also cut decently around the eyes and mouth. It fits my face perfectly. The nose is wide enough. I just don't like how it's cut straight instead of a tip. We all have tips or at least I know I do. With that said, the thickness of the mask is medium. It's not too thick and it's also not too thin. I did not have to worry about ripping while unfolding. It does come with a backing. Once you remove the back, it start sticking together. You need to be careful how you apply the sheet onto the skin. Third, it has a decent amount of essence. It has enough with each sheet mask. There's also some leftover essence in the pack but it's hard to get. I'm too lazy to dig inside the packet to get the leftover essence. It doesn't come out easily out of the pack as well. For this reason, I just throw the singular pack once I finish the sheet mask. With that said, it's easy to use. I mask for thirty minutes. The direction says to mask for 15-20 minutes. I'm just used to masking for thirty minutes no matter what. Even though I mask more than required, the sheet mask does not completely dry out. I did notice the sheet mask turn from clear to white once my skin absorbed the essence. Even though the mask did slightly dry out, it didn't peel off the skin. It comfortably removed. After I'm done with masking, my skin looks brighter, it glows, and looks healthier. It's hydrating, and I noticed less fine and thick lines. Lastly, the next morning my skin still looks decent. It doesn't look as great as right after masking, but it's pretty decent compared to most days. When it comes to masking, you need to do it at least twice a week to keep up with good skin care routine. I haven't been that great in all honesty. Even though I haven't been that great, my skin still glow the next morning. I do see some fine lines but that's with every masks I have done. Masking is a temporary relief, as well as, to improve skin with usage. I'm glad I got this product. It'll be great for everyone including makeup artists. It would be a great mask to use right before a big day. The makeup will go on nicely and the skin would look great.

Pros:
* Light, floral scent while masking.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Dimension is wide and long.
* Sheet mask stretches.
* Dimension of the nose is wide.
* Medium thickness.
* Does not rip while unfolding.
* Decent amount of essence.
* Has leftover essence.
* Easy to use.
* Mask does not completely dry out.
* Skin easily absorbs the essence.
* Comfortable removes.
* Skin looks brighter.
* Skin glows.
* Skin looks healthier.
* Hydrating.
* Less fine and thick lines.
* Skin looks great the next morning.
* Great for makeup artists.
* Great for important days.
* Will help with makeup.

Cons:
* Dimension of the mask is cut horizontally straight.
* Sheet starts sticking together.
* Hard to get the leftover essence out of the packet.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating: 


Other Dr.Jart+ products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...