Friday, December 6, 2019

Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2019, I made a purchase to ULTA.

Here are the things I got. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay on the bottom right.
With purchase, I received two samples. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the bottom.
Product Review: Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at urbandecay.com
Price: $49 for 12 x 0.95 g/ 0.033 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: The Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette is raw and sticky sweat-just the way nature intended. This hive of 12 exclusive golden neutrals includes classic golds, warm ambers, and rich chocolate browns. Reach for our go-to shade Amber (it practically glows), create the perfect hazy, smoked-out eye with Sting (warm brown matte), or get hooked on Honey (intense gold metallic) for the ultimate '70s statement eye. Our buzzed-about palette is a keeper with everything you need to create a swarm of looks, from bright and sunny to dangerous after dark.
Ingredients:
EYESHADOW PALETTE / PALETTE DE FARDS À PAUPIÈRES / Palette Ombretti / Paleta de Sombra de Ojos / Palete de Sombras Para os Olhos / Lidschatten-Palette / Ögonskuggspalett / Oogschaduwdoosje / Luomiväripaletti / Øjenskyggepalet. G2029120

AMBER / HONEY Ingredients (Ingrédients): Talc, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Oryza Sativa Extract / Rice Extract, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, PTFE, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid. [+/- (Shades may contain / Couleurs peuvent contenir): Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine]. D237632/1. G2014459


DRIP / HBIC / HIVE / KEEPER / SWARM Ingredients (Ingrédients): Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Alumina, Zinc Stearate, PTFE, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Silica, Tin Oxide. [+/- (Shades may contain / Couleurs peuvent contenir): Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens]. D238137/1. G2029214

FLYBY / GOLDEN / STING / SWEET Ingredients (Ingrédients): Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Alumina, Boron Nitride, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide. [+/- (Shades may contain / Couleurs peuvent contenir): Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide]. D238141/1. 2029285 1


QUEEN Ingredients (Ingrédients): Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Oryza Sativa Extract / Rice Extract, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, PTFE, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer. [+/- (May contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide]. D237636/1.
Thoughts: When I first saw this on my Facebook news feed, I knew I wanted to get it. I have almost all the Naked palettes, as well as, I tend to reach for golds and brows. It was calling my name.
Here's a closer look inside.
It comes with 12 eyeshadows and a double-ended brush. Eyeshadows from left to right; Flyby, Sweet, Swarm, Amber, Keeper, Golden, Honey, Queen, Hive, Drip, Hbic, and Sting.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadow, Honey.
Here's a closer look at the double-ended brush.
Here's a closer look at the smudger side.
Here's a closer look at the tapered crease side.
Here's a swatch of the first four colors on my hand from left to right; Flyby, Sweet, Swarm, and Amber.
Here's a swatch of the middle four colors on my hand from left to right; Keeper, Golden, Honey, and Queen.
Here's a swatch of the last four colors on my hand from left to right; Hive, Drip, Hbic, and Sting.

Now for looks I have done...
Look #1:
I applied Amber on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Keeper. I darkened the outer v with Drip.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Golden on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Keeper. I darkened the outer v with Drip.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Honey on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with Hive. I darkened the outer v with Sting.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Cocoa Bite on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. To be honest, it's not my favorite from the Naked palettes but it's a decent one. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. I hardly see any finger prints on the top of the palette. I do see finger prints on the bottom though. Since I barely see the bottom, it doesn't bother me. The top is also sturdy. There's a magnetic pull, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It comes with a mirror and takes the inner, top half. I like that it's the full-size instead of part of it. It makes it easier to use instead of getting closer to see the eye makeup. It also comes with a double-ended brush. I cannot say much about the brush since I did not use it. From the looks and feel, it looks like a decent brush. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. I have to say the mattes are softer than the metallic. It feel smooth in-between the fingers. The metallic you can feel so grit but it's on the soft side. Even though it's soft, it's compacted. I barely see any loose powder inside the palette. With that said, it's easy to use. I just use my brushes to apply onto the eyes. It's easy to grab with the brushes and apply onto the skin. It blends well and doesn't look like one color on the lids. You can see the transition of colors from one to next. I love that the palette comes with both matte and metallic. I love shiny eyeshadows on the lids and blending it out with mattes. This has everything you can ask for in one palette. You have metallic to apply onto the lid, matte to blend, and a highlight color under the brow. The highlight color is bright and it stands out. It's a good color and probably one of the best I have seen. Fourth, the colors are pretty. It's on the warm side which is what I tend to reach for. I like my neutral colors but this is mostly orange to gold side. It makes sense with the name Honey. Even though I like the colors, it's not something I would reach for in daily basis. With that said, would I say the colors are unique? Not really. I think you can find similar colors in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. One layer is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasts all day. I did not see any smudging or fading. It looked good at the end of the day as I applied. Then again I have dry skin. Most product lasts all day on me. I'm glad I got this product. It's pretty and something I can see myself use. It just wouldn't be in daily basis, but I think I could live without this palette. It just did not blow me away.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Nice packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; magnetic pull, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy tho hold with one hand.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Comes with a double-ended brush.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Compacted.
* Easy to use.
* Brushes grab easily.
* Applied nicely on the skin.
* Blends well.
* Can see transition of colors.
* Comes with both matte and metallic.
* Great highlight color.
* Pretty warm tone colors.
* Pigmented.
* No smudging.
* No fading.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Finger prints on the bottom of the packaging.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Urban Decay products reviewed/swatch:
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush
Satisfy
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
Sin
Naked Palettes
Nail Polish
Vice
Perversion Mascara
Troublemaker Mascara
Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte
1993
Vice Liquid Lipstick
Backtalk
Trivial

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...