Friday, December 13, 2019

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick Set in Ruby Bonbon, Cocoa Bite, Cherry Truffle, and Good Jujube

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2019, I purchased some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent (bottom right). For this post, I will review the lipstick set from Bite Beauty on top right.
This is Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick in Ruby Bonbon, Cocoa Bite, Cherry Truffle, and Good Jujube. Since I did a thorough review of Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb, and Nori, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Rosinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Candelillate, Palm Acid/Adipic Acid/Pentaerythritol Crosspolymer, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Cera, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Silica, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Squalane, Jojoba Esters, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Aroma (Flavor), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire De Carnauba, Cyperus Esculentus Root Oil, Cellulose, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax/Rhus Succedanea Fruit Cera, Shorea Robusta Resin, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax/Acacia Decurrens Flower Cera, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Pectin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Aqua/Water/Eau, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Momordica Grosvenorii Fruit Extract, Polyglycerin-3, Sorbitan Tristearate, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410).

Here's a closer at the packaging. This particular color is Ruby Bonbon.
Here's a closer look at Ruby Bonbon. The website describes it as "rosy pink."
Here's a closer look at Cocoa Bite. The website describes it as "warm nude."
Here's a closer look at Cherry Truffle. The website describes it as "spiced red."
Here's a closer look at Good Jujube. The website describes it as "pink nude."
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of the lipsticks. Each one has Bite Beauty logo as well. This particular color is Ruby Bonbon.
Here's a swatch of all the Bit Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks I have on my hand from left to right; Honeycomb, Cocoa Bite, Good Jujube, Fig, Pepper, Ruby Bonbon, Cherry Truffle, and Nori.
Here's how Ruby Bonbon looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.
Here's how Cocoa Bite looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's how Cherry Truffle looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.
Here's how Good Jujube looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so light that I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed all the lipsticks and they all have a peppermint vibe to it. Secondly, the packaging of the lipsticks are cute. I'm so used to the grayish-black packaging that this colorful ones confused me. I found out these are supercharged. These lipsticks have superfood oils. I guess the original grayish-black didn't. With that said, I like the colored packaging. It matches with the lipstick color. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. Since I have so many mini grayish-black lipsticks, I have to look at the bottom to distinguish them apart. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The tops are also sturdy as well. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close the tops. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also small enough to hold with your hand. Third, the lipsticks are creamy and on the medium. It's not to thick that it tugs on the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. It goes on smoothly. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the sharp tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. If you are looking for a matte lipstick, this isn't it. It's has a slight shiny texture. Even though it's slight shiny, there are no glitters whatsoever. It's soft in-between the lips. It's light-weight, not greasy, and definitely not sticky. I do recommend exfoliating before you use the lipstick. It will show your dry patches. Fourth, the colors are pretty. Ruby Bonbon will be great for spring and summer season. Cherry Truffle will be great for fall and winter season. Cocoa Bite and Good Jujube will be great all year round, as well as, it will be great for work. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Cherry Truffle is definitely pigmented. The others are up there. One layer were good for all the lipsticks. Lastly, they lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got these lipsticks. I didn't think I would like them as much but I did. I can see myself wearing three out of the four lipsticks. The one I won't touch that much is Cherry Truffle. For some odd reason, bright red lipsticks don't look that good on me.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Bite Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Amuse Bouche Lipstick
Fig
Honeycomb
Nori
Pepper
Matte Creme Lip Crayon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...