Monday, August 27, 2018

Embellish Hand and Body Lotion

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I had families visiting from up north than east coast. I will try my best to continue blogging.

In July 2017, I attended CosmoProf Las Vegas. I already reviewed Lechat in Fantaseaella + mila Velvet Matte in X on the BeachSkinn Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows in Non-MatteNature Nut For Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo and ConditionerLuLuLun Plus in RoseDengi Hair IronBioRepublic No More Years Eternal Radiance MaskLisse Real Hydrogen Rejuvenate MaskLuLuLun Plus in Clary SageNature Nut Moisturizing Body LotionLuLuLun Plus in Smooth Gold, Nature Nut Moisturizing Shower Gel, and Wet Brush Paddle in Black. For this post, I will review a body lotion from Embellish.

Where to purchase: online at bfragranced.com
Price: $24 for 6 oz/ 177 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Indulgent and rich, our Hand and Body lotion is fast absorbing and deep penetrating to deliver intense moisture that helps soothe and relieve every dry skin. Leaves your skin radiant, healthy and soft.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: To be honest, I know I got this from CosmoProf Las Vegas but I don't remember when. I always thought I had good memory but maybe age is catching up. I don't remember if I got it during the luncheon or the after party. I know I didn't get it on the floor that is for sure. Anyways since it's summer or the end of summer, I thought this lotion will be good for my dry skin.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the lotion on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's slightly fruity but kind of musky. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same. I'm not a musky type of person but the scent is actually alright. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and bright. The brightness stands out among the neutral packaging moisturizers in the market. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise, as well as, you can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. You also have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not the thinness I have ever seen but it's definitely not on the thick side. I tend to like lotion on the thick side since I have dry skin. During the summer when I don't need that much hydration, I usually grab thinner moisturizers. This is perfect for the summer season. It'll also be great for normal to oily skin individuals during the winter. It'll be too drying for dry skin like myself. Even though it's a medium consistency, the lotion does leak through the hole even when you're not squeezing the tube. You do need to be careful how you open the top so it'll not drip anywhere. Other than that, it's easy to use. It's light-weight and absorbs into the skin quickly. It leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture. Lastly, it's a good moisturizer. It's hydrates my skin but like I said, I can only see myself wearing this during the summer. It'll be better for normal to oily skin individuals. I'm glad I got this product. I like the smell!

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Simple and bright packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a clicking noise and feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Medium consistency.
* Great for normal to oily skin individuals all year round.
* Great for dry skin during the summer.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Absorbs easily.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture.
* Hydrating.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Kind of costly.
* Will not be hydrating during the winter season for dry skin individuals.
* Moisturizer leaks through the hole easily.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...