Friday, January 28, 2022

Rinna Beauty Lip Kit in Showstopper

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive a lip kit from Rinna Beauty.
Product Review: Rinna Beauty Lip Kit in Showstopper

Where to purchase: online at rinnabeauty.com
Price: $45

Made in Canada

Description from the website:
Notice Me Lip Liner is a natural brown color.

For lips that want to stand out and be noticed. Perfectly engineered for your favorite look, this lip pencil is ideal for shaping, lining, or filing. Beautifully smooth and creamy texture that is the perfect tool for creating your ideal lip look.

Envy Me is a subtle cocoa brown color.

The ICON COLLECTION lipstick is a vegan creamy, satin lipstick that glides on smoothly and provides long-lastingness and rich hydration. Easily glides on lips coating them with a silky-smooth color and sheen without accenting lip lines. Easy lip absorption creates and optimal combination of moisture and softness. Enriched ingredients provide the ultimate protection for your lips.

Glow Up is a shimmering gold color.

The ICON COLLECTION lip gloss is a vegan high shine moisturizing lip gloss that glides on flawlessly, soothing and smoothing your lips, while creating the look of amplified volume. This formula is light enough for a comfortable feel, but rich enough so that it lasts all day and night. The ICON COLLECTION is tinted, so you can wear it alone or with your favorite lipstick and pencil. You can apply his unique formula to be worn as a high gloss or subtle sheem!
Ingredients:

ENVY ME LIPSTICK :

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Cera/Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).

GLOW UP LIP GLOSS :

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate,Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Mica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Tocopherol, Citric Acid. May Contain (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6). 

NOTICE ME LIP LINER :

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyethylene, Mica, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Cera/Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6).

Thoughts: When I received an email about this product, I knew I had to try. I've always liked Lisa Rinna and she still looks amazing even to this day! Not only that, it'll be fun to try lip kits from other brands.
Here's a closer look of the lipliner Notice Me.
Here's a closer look at the color
Here's a closer look when I scroll all the way up.
Here's a closer look of the lipstick Envy Me.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look when I scroll all the way up.
Here's a closer look of the lipgloss Glow Up.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the products from left to right; Envy Me, Glow Up, and Notice Me.
Here's how Notice Me, lipliner, looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Romand Better Than Palette The Secret Garden in Mahogany Garden on the eyes.
Here's how Envy Me, lipstick, looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Romand Better Than Palette The Secret Garden in Mahogany Garden on the eyes.
Here's how the combination of products look on me; I applied the lipliner, Notice Me, on the outside of the lips. I filled the whole lips with the lipstick Envy Me. I spotted the lipgloss, Glow Up, on the center of the bottom lip.
Here's an overall look with Romand Better Than Palette The Secret Garden in Mahogany Garden on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the only product I noticed that has a smell while using was the lipliner. It wasn't a smell I enjoyed to be honest. It smelled waxy. I just sniffed all three products. The lipstick and lipgloss has no scent whatsoever. The lipliner smelled how it was applied. Secondly, the packaging is alright. It's not the most appealing to the eyes, but that tells me they spent more on the quality of the product than packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. All three products are made out of thick plastic. The tops are all sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close all three products. The lipstick is the only one that you can hear a clicking noise when you open and close. The reason why is because it's magnetic. You can feel the attraction as you open and close. I cannot see any of the products open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, all three lip products are creamy and have medium consistency. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply onto the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. They all have good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. All three are gentle and does not tug on the lips. You don't even need to press hard to get good pigmentation. It just goes on smoothly. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable on the lips. Both the lipliner and the lipstick have no glitters whatsoever and it's not metallic. It's just a creamy, matte lip product. The lipgloss has slight shiny glitters but it's so minimal that you do not feel it. Fourth, both the lipliner and lipstick are on the brown side. They both have slight redness to the color. I would say it's more brownish-red than natural brown. It'll be a great fall and winter color, but you can wear it all year round. It's also great for work. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. One layer was good enough for my skin color. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lip products do not last long on me. It's not drying at all.  I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I am glad I got this product. I like all three products. You can mix any way you like; lipliner with lipgloss, lipliner with lipstick, lipstick with lipgloss, and so on. I, personally, know the lipstick will get a lot of love from me. I like creamy matte lips and for that reason, I know I will not touch the lipgloss often. Plus, I really do like the color of the lipstick. It's unique and pretty!

Pros:
* Lipstick and lipgloss has no scent whatsoever.
* Spent more on the quality of the product.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Lipstick has a magnetic closure.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* All are creamy and have medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Gentle and does not tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Matte lipliner and lipstick.
* Lipgloss has slight shiny glitters that you cannot feel.
* Great for fall and winter season, but you can wear it all year round.
* Great for work.
* Pigmented.
* No drying.
* Can mix any of the lip products together.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Lipliner has a slight waxy scent.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...