Monday, January 10, 2022

Manicure Monday: CND in Studio White

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of CND in Studio White that I reviewed in July 2021.
This is CND in Studio White. Since I did a thorough review of CND in Serene Green, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is slightly wider but the length is the same. I would say the width is on the wide side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, three coats of CND in Studio White, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. The tip of the brush has a curve which makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy while painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty creamy white. In some angle, it looks white and in others it looks more on the cream side. It's a great all year round color. I would not say the color is original. You can find this color in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's okay. I needed three coats to make sure it covered everything so my nail wouldn't peak through. Lastly, I saw chipping the next day. It wasn't a small chip. It was huge. As each day goes on, I saw more chipping. There could be two reasons I could think of. One the layers are too thin and it chipped for that reason. The other is that it's an old polish and the quality lesson with age. I bought this polish several years ago. Who knows which one it is. Other than chipping, I did see slight shrinkage on the fourth day. I am glad I got this polish and realized I am not a huge fan of CND polishes now. I shouldn't base this of this polish but this one left me with a bad taste.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other CND products reviewed/swatch:

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...