Monday, April 4, 2022

Manicure Monday: Color Club in Olive Paris

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Recently I visited T.J. Maxx, January 2022, and saw this nail polish kit.
It's Color Club 7 Pc Pinkies Up Kit. The kit was on the website when I first reviewed a polish from this kit. It's not there anymore. I am not too sure why. Anyways, I had to grab this kit. The price is less than one nail polish. That is amazing! I already reviewed Color Club in Can You Dig It? (sixth from the left), Color Club in Hashtag Sponsored (second from the left), and Color Club in Influencer (first from the left). For this post, I will review the polish fourth from the left.
This is Color Club in Olive Paris. Since I did a thorough review of Color Club in Chalk It Up, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "olive green" and I am not too sure about that.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner and slightly shorter. It's short by just a little bit. The width I would consider on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Color Club in Olive Paris, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not a brush I like but it was doable. I tend to like brushes on the wide side. I just did not clean the brush in the inside of the bottle before using. It helped spread the polish and I did not have to re-dip for each nail. I usually like curve tips. This brush doesn't have a curve but since it's on the thin side, it made it easy to go around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty light green. It's perfect for spring and summer season. I feel like the color isn't unique but it is. I do not think I own this color at all. Most of the colors I own are more on the mint side. This is pretty, pastel light green. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fourth day. I also saw slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the second day. It was mostly because I did some manual work with my hands. If I didn't, the chipping wouldn't have happened that quick. I am glad I got this product. The color is pretty and long lasting.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Color Club polishes reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...