Friday, April 29, 2022

Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm in Orchid, Wild Berry, Coconut, and Petal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2021, I made a purchase on ULTA.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip products from Tarte in the middle.
Here are all the Tarte products I ordered. For this post, I will review the lip product in the top middle.
Product Review: Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm in Orchid, Wild Berry, Coconut, and Petal

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at tartecosmetics.com
Price: $21 for 2.7 g/ 0.095 oz (each)

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
What It is
All-in-1 vegan balm, gloss, color & treatment!

What It Does
* Cushion Comfort Complex instantly plumps the appearance of lips & smooths the look of lip lines
* maracuja drenches lips in moisture
* 10+ antioxidant-rich fruits smooth & nourish
* mirror-shine formula feels comfortable, never sticky
* apply 1 swipe as a treatment & layer for coverage
* click-up packaging keeps formula clean & pristine
* cushiony formula without petrolatum or lanolin
* smells like coconut!

Clinical Results
* vegan
* dermatologist tested

Skinvigorating Ingredients
* maracuja oil: rich in essential fatty acids & vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother-looking lips
* grapeseed oil: known for anti-aging properties
* goji: promotes collagen production & helps retain skin's moisture
* acai: powerful antioxidant packed with vitamins A, B, C & E to help restore moisture
* acerola: rich in antioxidants to promote elasticity
* pomegranate: provides maximum hydration
* watermelon: rich in vitamin C & hydrates
* strawberry: rich in antioxidants to help protect from free radicals
* blueberry: packed with vitamin A, C & E
* peach: helps boost collagen production
* cranberry: antioxidant-rich & known for anti-aging properties
* vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant
Ingredients:
Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, diisostearyl malate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ceresin, calcium sodium borosilicate, 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance/parfum, benzyl benzoate, tocopheryl acetate, tin oxide, passiflora edulis seed oil, benzyl alcohol, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, euterpe oleracea fruit extract, punica granatum fruit extract, lycium barbarum fruit extract, malpighia punicifolia (acerola) fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, citrullus lanatus (watermelon) fruit extract, fragaria vesca (strawberry) fruit extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract, prunus persica (peach) fruit extract, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit extract, tocopherol, red 28 lake (CI 45410), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).
Thoughts: YouTube videos of this product kept popping up and it intrigued me. When I saw the collection, I thought it as a good chance to try it. It was a steal and doesn't hurt to try.
Here's a closer look at the lip duo Orchid and Wild Berry.
Here's a closer look at the lip duo Coconut and Petal.
Here's a closer look at one of the lip balms Coconut.
Here's a closer look at Orchid.
Here's a closer look at Wild Berry.
Here's a closer look at Coconut.
Here's a closer look at Petal.
Here's a closer look at the swatches on my hand from left to right; Orchid, Wild Berry, Coconut, and Petal.
Here's a closer look at how Orchid looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's a closer look at how Wild Berry looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's a closer look at how Coconut looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's a closer look at how Petal looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. Initially, I don't notice a scent. Then the scent gets stronger within seconds. Then it gets lighter after several minutes. I am not too sure why. With that said, it smells like musky vanilla. I am not too keen on the scent but it only lasts for a few minutes. It's doable. I just sniffed the product and it smells how it's applied. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean looking. I think I was drawn to be honest. It's such a pretty color. Also, the top is supposed to match the color of the lip balm. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart instead of looking for the name. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, it's creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply on the lips. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly and glides on the lips. There's no tugging whatsoever. It's light-weight, there's a slight stickiness, not greasy, shiny, and mainly it feels like you are applying lip balm. The only thing this product has is color. I think that's the main benefit. Most lip balms are clear. This product does everything a lip balm does which is mainly to hydrate the lips. Fourth, Orchid is more on the light pink side. Wild Berry is more purplish pink. Coconut is orange-brown. Petal is clear on me. They are good all year round with slight shininess. Pigmentation-wise is good for a lip balm. If you are looking for pigmented lip products, this isn't it. It's just a colored lip balm. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lip products don't last that long on me. It's comfortable and not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. The lips get more hydrated with usage. I am glad I got this product. Even though I like it, I like my lip balms clear. I only use them at nights before heading to bed. I don't reach for them during the day. I really don't need color.

Pros:
* Scent lasts for a few minutes.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Top matches the lip color; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Glides on the lips.
* No tugging whatsoever.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Shiny.
* Feels like you are applying lip balm.
* Main benefit is that it has color.
* Hydrating.
* Good all year round.
* Pigmented for a lip balm.
* Comfortable.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Musky vanilla scent.
* Slight stickiness.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tarte products reviewed/swatch:
Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
 Birthday Suit
TBT
Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Rose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...