Monday, February 1, 2021

Manicure Monday: Essie in Turn 'N' Pose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

For this post, it is a repeat of Essie Gel Couture in Turn 'N' Pose that I reviewed in December 2018.
Here's a closer look at the packaging on the left. It is still sold on the essie website.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This particular brush is the top coat but it's the same as the polish. The only difference is the handle that holds the brush. There's a twist with the polish to match the packaging. Compared to OPI, the brush is slightly wider and slightly shorter. I would say the width is on the thick side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Turn 'N' Pose, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the wide brush. Three strokes and you move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. What more can I ask for. Secondly, I like the packaging. I like the curve around the bottle. It makes it easy to hold onto the bottle. The fingers fit with the curve. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency and I can take my time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a dark purple. I wouldn't say maroon at all. I tend to think maroon has some redness. This is straight up purple. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips before shrinkage. I saw chipping on the third day. It was very minimal and it grew slightly bigger. Shrinkage happened around the fifth day. Again, they are all minimal. In my opinion, I feel like it chipped and shrunk more with this top coat than the top coat it came with. I think it's better to use these polishes from Essie with the top coat that it is meant to be with. With that said, I am glad I got this polish. It's a good long-lasting polish!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Expressie

Gel Couture
Turn 'N' Pose

Nail Treatment
Good To Go Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...