Monday, February 15, 2021

Manicure Monday: Lancome in Lilas Twist

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Lancome in Lilas Twist that I reviewed in October 2016.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. I cannot find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is the same width and length wise. Instead of being straight, the tip has a curve.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Lancome in Lilas Twist, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the brush. It reminds me of Zoya's newest brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. These type of brushes have become my favorite. Secondly, I like the packaging. I like how small it is. Even with small packaging, it will take forever to finish. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a very pretty purple. I wouldn't say maroon at all. I expect maroon to be more reddish and this is just purple. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the fourth day. It was so slight that it was hard to see. I only noticed because of review purposes. I am glad I got this product. It's long-lasting and the color is pretty!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...