Friday, February 26, 2021

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a hair mask from Briogeo in my PopSugar Must Have September 2016.
Product Review: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at briogeohair.com
Price: $36 for 8 oz/236 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Don't Despair, Repair! contains a unique blend of avocado, sweet almond & argan oils and hair-essential vitamin B5 and biotin to repair damaged hair, enhance shine, and reduce breakage by up to 81% after 3 uses.
Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Brassica Alcohol*, Cetyl Alcohol*, Propanediol*, Stearyl Alcohol*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Panthenol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate*, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein*, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein*, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Laurus Nobilis Leaf Extract*, Palmaria Palmata Extract*, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride*, Cetyl Esters*, Isododecane, Cetrimonium Chloride*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Behentrimonium Methosulfate*, Brassicyl Isoleucinate Esylate*, Citric Acid*, Isopropyl Myristate*, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin*, Fragrance (Parfum), Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol
Thoughts: Since I started bleaching my hair several years ago, I started doing hair masks in weekly basis. It has helped my hair hydrate and be able to comb through. I've been trying to use the ones I have before purchasing others. This was the next hair mask in line.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the hair mask on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It smells like vanilla with slight muskiness. Since it's so light, it only lasts for a few minutes. I just sniffed the product and it has a mixture of scents. I smell vanilla and lemon, but both are on the light side. I'm not a musky type of person, but this scent is actually doable. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and white. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply into the hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while running through the hair. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After washing off the shampoo, I squeeze out excess water from the hair. Then I apply the hair mask from root to the ends. I concentrate on the ends more so than other parts of the hair. Then I wait about 5 to 10 minutes. Then I rinse the hair. Since I have bleach hair, I can feel the crispiness after shampooing. It's not the best feeling. The hair mask hydrates my hair and the crispiness diminishes. It feels softer and it's easier to comb my fingers through the hair. Lastly, my hair feels soft in-between showers. I am low maintenance when it comes to hair. I touch it once after I shower and that's about it. This is how I base hair products if my hair is in good condition in-between showers. I am glad I got this product. I have a lot of small samples and this full-size. It should last for some time.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple and white packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Hydrates.
* Hair feels soft.
* Easier to comb through the hair.
* Lasts between showers.

Cons:
* Could be hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...