Monday, February 22, 2021

Manicure Monday: Orly in Green With Envy

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm not too sure why I never reviewed this polish from Orly. It looks like I purchased it in 2009.
This is Orly in Green With Envy. Since I did a thorough review of Orly in Mirror Mirror, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly sheerer on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is a lot thinner and the length is slightly longer. I would say the width is thin.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Orly in Green With Envy, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it isn't a brush I would reach for but it was doable. Because of the consistency, it just glided on the nails. Three strokes were good enough for each nail. I tend to like curve tips. It makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. This wasn't that bad for a non-curve tip. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. I like the newer packaging with the black top. It looks more professional. Even though this isn't the newer packaging, it's still pretty decent. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is liquidity cream and in-between thin to medium. It's not too thick that it is hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a decent consistency. It spreads and applies nicely. It does not go over the nails to the skin. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a pretty light green. It's great for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. I wouldn't say it's pigmented. There's some sheer to the polish. Two coats were good enough for my skin but I could go with three coats. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the fourth day. It was slight. I only noticed for review purchases. Other than slight shrinkage, I did not see chipping whatsoever. I am glad I got this polish. I did get compliments. The color is actually really pretty. I keep looking at it!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...