Friday, February 19, 2021

NYX Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color in Global Citizen

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I recently purchases a lip product from NYX.
Product Review: NYX Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color in Global Citizen

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $11.50 for 0.11 fl oz/ 3.4 mL

Description from the website:
16h Loud Shine Lip color!

Meet our 1st ultra-pigmented high-shine lip color, with up to 16hr no transfer wear. Lightweight & comfy on the lips, this vegan formula delivers 1 swipe loud color with an ultra-glassy, non-sticky shine finish.

Easy 2 step technology

Simply pair the high-pigment base coat, infused with lip-loving oils, with the ultra reflective & non-sticky top coat for the loudest shine you've ever seen!

Up to 16 HR no color transfer

No budge, no bleed, no fade: you can kiss, drink, hair flip, even wear it under your mask!
Ingredients:
G948937 INGREDIENTS / INGRÉDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, NYLON-611/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAUROYL LYSINE, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM FRUIT OIL / CORIANDER FRUIT OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL / JOJOBA SEED OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, C30-45 ALKYLDIMETHYLSILYL POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SILICA, ALUMINA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, BENZYL ALCOHOL. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE. TOP COAT G674056 2 INGREDIENTS / INGRÉDIENTS: DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. < D249464/1>
Thoughts: I kept seeing so many YouTubers reviewing this lip product from NYX. They kept saying they are testing the biggest lip product on TikTok at the moment. Out of curiosity, I had to try it out myself.
Here's a closer look at the color end.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a closer look at the gloss end.
Here's a closer look at the brush.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand. This is only the color end.
Here's how the lip color looks on me, both color and gloss.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Mini Gold Palette.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying the color end. The gloss end I did not smell anything whatsoever. It smelled bland if that makes sense. It's hard to describe. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I'm not a huge fan of double ended products like brushes and stuff. I actually did not mind with this product. I also like that the packaging matches the color of the lip product, and it's see through. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. Also, you can see the product go down. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. Both the color end and the lip gloss are sturdy as well. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply the color end and wait about 30 seconds to a minute. While waiting, make sure you don't smack the lips together. It has a slight tackiness. If you smack the lips together, it might look streaky. Then I apply the lip gloss. It removes the tackiness and makes the color end smooth. Since it adheres to the lips, you need to prep beforehand. It's like a liquid lipstick with a gloss. It's not sticky, not greasy, and I find it slightly uncomfortable. The gloss seems a little thick for my taste. Then again I haven't wore glosses in a long time. That might make a difference. Once the color end has adhered to the lips, it's transfer proof. You will not see the color anywhere, but you will see the gloss on things. I saw shine on cups and so on. Also, the color end has a doe foot applicator which makes the tip easy to outline the lips. I filled the remaining with the flat surface. The gloss end has a nail brush look. Fourth, the color is a neutral brown. It's great all year round, as well as, for daytime. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. One layer was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, it doesn't last that long on me. I'm glad I got this product. It filled my curiosity but to be honest, it feels like a normal liquid lipstick except it's shiny. If I don't want a matte look, I will go for this product. Another thing I learned about myself, my taste has changed when it comes to color. This would be my go to color in the past but it didn't appeal to me. I found that interesting!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever on the gloss end.
* Double ended; color and gloss.
* Packaging matches the color; can distinguish them apart if you own more than one.
* See through packaging; can see product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy closure; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Adhere to the lips.
* Transfer proof on the color end.
* Doe foot applicator on the color end.
* Great for all year and daytime.
* Pigmented.
* Vegan.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slight, bland scent on the color end.
* Slightly uncomfortable.
* Gloss end is slightly thick.
* Gloss isn't transfer proof.
* Nail brush look on the gloss end.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipsticks
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie
Pink Bikini
Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish
Cheap Fills
Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
Ombre Lip Duo
Rags & Riches

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...