Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Revlon ColorStay Satin Ink in Your Majesty

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2021, I visited my ULTA.
Here is my purchase. They were kind enough to give me a birthday gift that I missed last year, as well as, sample mask. For this post, I will talk about the lip product I purchased from Revlon.
Product Review: Revlon ColorStay Satin Ink in #010 Your Majesty

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at revlon.com
Price: $10.99 for 0.17 fl oz/50 mL

Description from the website: Surprisingly comfortable, brilliant, 16-hour liquid lip color made with black currant seed oil that doesn't dry out your lips.
Thoughts: When I saw this product, I knew I wanted to try it out. I love satin to matte lip products. Not only that, it's long-lasting. During this time, I need products that will not stain my mask while wearing.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the lip product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Mini Gold Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like vanilla and it only lasts for a second or two. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight coolness about it. While sniffing, you feel a cool breeze if that makes sense. Also, I noticed a slight scent. Since it's so light, it's hard to distinguish. Secondly, I like the packaging. That's one of the things that drew me in. I also like the color of the packaging matches the lip color. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I used the tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. It goes on smoothly and it does not tug on the lips. This is not a liquid lipstick, therefore, there will be transfer. Even though there are transfer, not a lot was on the mask. I was pretty impressed. I saw a small spot or two. It's not greasy but there is a slight stickiness. My lips would stick slightly when I smack them together. Fourth, the color is a medium pink. I also saw slight shininess like metallic-like. It will be good all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. One layer was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, it doesn't last that long on me. It's also not drying. I did not see white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. The color is definitely not something I would reach for. I don't think it looks good on me and it shows the yellowness of the teeth.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Nice packaging.
* Color of the packaging matches the lip color; can distinguish them apart if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Not a lot of stain on the mask.
* Not greasy.
* Good all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slight stickiness.
* Medium pink color with slight metallic-like shine.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Revlon products reviewed/swatch:
ColorBurst Matte Balm
ColorStay Moisture Stain
ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Honey
PhotoReady Primer + Shadow
Graffiti
Metropolitan
Super Lustrous Lip Gloss
Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor
Ultra HD Lipstick
Rose
Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor
HD Forever
HD Seduction

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...