Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Manicure Monday: Orly in Mirror Mirror

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I know it's not Monday but I was not able to post. I did not feel too good this past weekend. For this reason, the Manicure Monday will be posted today. It is a repeat of Orly in Mirror Mirror that I reviewed in October 2015.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. It is still sold on the Orly website.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is a lot thinner and the length is the same. I would say the width is thin.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Orly in Mirror Mirror, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't something I would reach for. It's on the thin side. With that said, I just didn't clean the brush in the inside of the bottle before using. It made it spread easily and I did not have to re-dip multiple times for each nail. I like curve tip brushes because it makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and side. Even though it doesn't have a curve tip, it was still easy to paint. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and draws me in. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty light gray color. It's a great color for all season or at least I think so. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fourth day. It was so slight that it wasn't noticeable unless I looked closely. Other than shrinkage, I did see one tip chipped on the side but that was on the fifth day. I'm glad I got this polish. It's a long-lasting polish and the color is nice.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...