Friday, October 30, 2020

Daily Concepts Daily Konjac Sponge in Pure

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In July 2017, I attended CosmoProf Las Vegas. I already reviewed Lechat in Fantaseaella + mila Velvet Matte in X on the BeachSkinn Don't Budge Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows in Non-MatteNature Nut For Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo and ConditionerLuLuLun Plus in RoseDengi Hair IronBioRepublic No More Years Eternal Radiance MaskLisse Real Hydrogen Rejuvenate MaskLuLuLun Plus in Clary SageNature Nut Moisturizing Body LotionLuLuLun Plus in Smooth GoldNature Nut Moisturizing Shower GelWet Brush Paddle in BlackEmbellish Hand and Body LotionLisse Real Hydrogen Yuza Snow Ice CreamSkinn Orchid Gel Canvas-Ready Treatment Eye Primer with Orchid Flower ExtractHenne Rose Diamonds Lip ExfoliatorPapa Recipe Bombee Whitening Honey MaskPapa Recipe Bombee Ginseng Red Honey Oil MaskPapa Recipe Bombee Black Honey MaskDaily Concepts Exfoliating Body ScrubberLittle Green Nourishing Body Lotionpai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day CreamVinali Facial Moisturizer, and Body Boom Coffee Scrub in Banana. For this post, I will review another scrub product from Daily Concepts.
They were kind enough to give me two types of scrubs. I already reviewed Daily Concepts Exfoliating Body Scrubber (left). For this post, I will review the deluxe sample on the right.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at dailyconcepts.com
Price: $18

Description from the website:
Texture: Soft/Gentle (for all skin types)

What is Konjac? It's a traditional Japanese jelly-like food, made from a kind of potato called "Konnyaku potato." Konjac has been traditionally used in Japan as a beauty treatment for a long time due to its properties. The Konjac sponge is highly absorbent in both water and oils and is excellent for a thorough cleansing. It also has great function to break down skins dirt and balance pH. Your Konjac Sponge-Pure has no preservatives, no chemicals and no color. In other words, just PURE.

This is what makes me unique:
* 100% natural, Konjac Root.
* Preservative free.
* Environmentally friendly.
* Clinically and allergy tested.
* NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. Cruelty free.
* Vegan.
* Functional packaging (suction cup included).
Thoughts: I wanted to use this deluxe sample after I finish the other Daily Concepts. Now that I have over used the other Daily Concepts, it's time to use this baby.
Here's a look at the deluxe sample of the Konjac Sponge.
Here's a closer look at the Konjac Sponge dried.
Here's a closer look at the Konjac Sponge wet.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there was no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I got a deluxe sample of the Konjac Sponge. I don't own the full-size. From the website, it looks like they gave me the outer layer of the Konjac Sponge. I could be wrong but it looks like it. Since I don't own the full-size, I will talk about the deluxe sample I received. It's actually a pretty decent sample they gave. It's big enough to do the whole body. Once it's dried, it's extremely dry and hard. There is no water whatsoever in the sponge. I cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the texture of the sponge is interesting. When it is dry, it reminds me of white puffy crackers you find in Chinese food. When it is wet, it reminds me of rice paper that you use in Vietnamese food like spring rolls. With that said, please don't eat this. It is easy to use. I went the sponge with water. It said to wet it with warm water but I honestly don't think it makes a difference. After you wet it, it softens up within seconds. It becomes soft, mushy, and slippery. Definitely make sure to squeeze the excess water from the sponge before using it. You don't want it to drip water while using. I apply a quarter size amount body wash onto the sponge, and wipe from top to bottom. The sponge grabs the body wash extremely well. It doesn't liquify the body wash and leaves it as is. I was pretty impressed because you don't need to put more body wash onto the sponge. A little goes a long way with this sponge. You will definitely save money and product if you use this sponge. It does a good job of cleansing the body. You can also use it as a facial sponge but I did not. If you use it as a facial sponge, only use it for the face. You don't want to use it as a body sponge than use it on your face. It just doesn't sound sanitary-safe. Lastly, you feel clean in-between showers. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a decent sponge that I highly recommend!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Great for both face and body.
* Once dried, it's dried and hard.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Interesting texture.
* Easy to use.
* Softens within seconds.
* Can use on the whole body with one squeeze of body wash.
* Does not liquify the body wash.
* A little goes a long way; will save money and the quantity of the body wash.
* Cleanses the face and body.

Cons:
* Don't use it on both face and body; not sanitary-safe.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Daily Concepts products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...