Monday, October 19, 2020

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Ripley

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

I took part in Zoya fall collection 2019 (The Sensual Collection) sale.
I decided to purchase nine of them plus one from their regular collection. I already reviewed Zoya in Margaret (second from left), Zoya in Kinsley (fifth from the left), Zoya in Michaela (ninth from the left), Zoya in Briar (third from the left), Zoya in Joss (fourth from the left), Zoya in Vesper (eight from the left), and Zoya in Madeline (seventh from left). For this post, I will review the tenth from the left.
This is Zoya in Ripley. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a rich boysenberry cream" and I don't know if I totally agree. I definitely think it's a rich boysenberry but not too sure if I would say cream.
The polish came with Zoya Z-Wide Brush. It was part of the promotional sale.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is slightly shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Ripley, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the Zoya Z-Wide Brush. This has become my favorite brush. The width is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the nail next. Not only that, the curve brush makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. This brush is perfect for beginners, as well as, experienced. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's make out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, it's creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting without worrying that it will get clumpy. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a gorgeous fall and winter color. It's a deep maroon color. With that said, I definitely don't think the color is unique. You can find similar colors from other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the fourth day. As days went on the chip got bigger but not by much. I did not see any shrinkage whatsoever. I'm glad I got this color. It's pretty and makes me excited about fall/winter season.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...