Monday, October 12, 2020

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Muggins

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile. I had a priority before blogging. Now that it is over, I can focus on blogging and my personal life. For this post, it is a repeat of Butter London in Muggins that I reviewed in August 2013.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. I could not find it on the Butter London website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I'm guessing it's discontinued.
Here's a closer look at the color. The color is a little bit darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is a lot thinner but the length is the same. I would say the width on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Butter London in Muggins, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's definitely not my type of brush but it's doable. Because of the consistency, it makes the polish spread easily. Even though it spreads, it does not touch the skin. It's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. The only thing I do not like is the two tops. I just feel like it's a waste of space. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I'm talking about the top with the brush. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy with a slight thinness. I would say it's in-between thin to medium consistency. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a decent consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a very pretty purplish gray. It's definitely unique and highly recommended. It's a great transition color from summer to fall. It's also great for winter season. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but pretty close. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the fourth. As days went by, the chip got bigger and new ones started chipping. Other than chipping, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. Unfortunately, it's not on the website anymore. I would recommend it for the unique color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...