Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

 In April 2020, I purchase some products from Sephora.

Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream (top right). For this post, I will review another product that came from the kit from Glow Recipe on the top right.
Here are the products from the kit. I already reviewed Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream (middle). For this post, I will review the mist on the left.
Product Review: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at glowrecipe.com
Price: $28 for 75 mL/ 2.53 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the package: A hydrating, ultra-fine mist packed with watermelon, hyaluronic acid, and hibiscus AHA that softens and plumps skin and refreshes makeup while enveloping skin in a delicious watermelon fog.
Ingredients:
Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract, Alkanna Tinctoria Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Soy Amino Acids, Fructooligosaccharides, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Natto Gum, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sorbitan Oleate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Beta-Glucan, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Fragrance
Thoughts: Out of the three, I was most excited to try this product. I just wanted to finish the facial mist that I was using at the moment before using this one.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look at the product. There's a separation of the oil on the top with the water on the bottom.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight noticeable scent every time you spray. It smells like cucumber to me. Towards the end of the smell, I can sniff the watermelon but it's very minimal. I just sniffed the product and there's a watermelon vibe to it. I, personally, love the scent. It's refreshing and light. It's a great for the spring and summer. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and adorable. It's also unique in the sense the top is on the bottom. I love that it is see through. I love seeing my products go down. It makes me feel productive especially knowing I own so many products. Not only that, you can see the mixture when you shake the bottle. The oil from the top will mix with the water on the bottom. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy or should I say bottom. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. You have full control of quantity you pump. Third, the consistency is liquidity and have to say the mist is on the thin side. It is expected to be liquidity since it is a facial mist. The reason why I say it's thin is how light it comes out of the pump. Since it's so thin, I noticed I pump a lot more than usual. I feel like I am not spraying enough on my face. Not only that, it only spray a certain boundary and the area is a lot less than most facial mists. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply the facial mist before I start my skin care routine. The hydration from the mist help apply less skin care products onto my skin. It's light-weight, not greasy, but you do feel a slight stickiness. I think the slight stickiness comes from the oil but I could be wrong. Even thought it has a slight stickiness, it goes away once it's absorbed into the skin. Since it's so thin, it's absorbs quickly. I would say couple of minutes the most. It feels good on the skin and it is refreshing. You can also use it to set your makeup, as well as, refresh your skin throughout the day. Lastly, the website said it will give a dewy glow. I don't know if it did for me. It could have but since I have dry skin, it looks the same. It will be great for normal to oily skin individuals. For dry skin like myself, it will just hydrate the skin. I definitely recommend for normal to oily skin.

Pros:
* Slight noticeable scent every time you spray.
* Refreshing and light scent.
* Great for the spring and summer season.
* Simple and adorable packaging.
* Unique packaging; top is on the bottom.
* See through; can see the product go down and see the mixture when shaken.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the quantity you pump.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Mist is on the thin side.
* Easy to use.
* Use less skin care products from hydration.
* Hydrating.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Refreshing.
* Great to set makeup.
* Refresh throughout the day.
* Great for normal to oily skin.

Cons:
* Pump more than usual.
* The boundary is less than usual.
* Slight stickiness.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Glow Recipe products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...