Friday, September 21, 2018

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Aloof

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

July 29, 2018 was National Lipstick Day. I was fortunate to go to Macy and grab my free MAC lipstick. Right after getting my lipstick, I went to ULTA to check out some beauty products. I didn't know my ULTA was giving away MAC lipsticks as well. I ended up getting another free lipstick.

Here are the two lipsticks. I am reviewing the lipstick on the bottom.
Product Review: MAC Lustre Lipstick in Aloof

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $18.50 for 3 g/ 0.1 oz

Made in Canada

Description from the website: A lightweight Lipstick formula with easy glide, sheer-to-medium buildable coverage and a lustrous finish.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: Out of the choices, this was the one I wanted the most. I couldn't see myself in blue, bright pink, and so on. This was the most neutral color from the free lipsticks.
Here's a closer look inside the tube.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Viseart Theory Eyeshadow Palette in Cashmere on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it smells like vanilla. Secondly, I've always been a fan of MAC lipsticks. They look like bullets. I like the uniqueness of the design. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. There's a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, you hear a clicking noise when you close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. It's much smoother than MAC Matte Lipsticks. Their matte lipsticks goes on smoothly but it does tug slightly. You do not have to worry with their lustre lipsticks. With that said, it's easy to apply. It leaves a slight shininess that makes your lips look lustrous. Fourth, the color is light pink. It's a nice color that I loved several years ago. Now I don't reach for these type of colors. It makes me look pale in a sickly way. When I choose this color, I was expecting it a little bit brighter not this light. It's a good spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's not up there. I did have to layer several times for the color to show on my lips. It's definitely a light to medium coverage. I also think it's the color choice but it's kind of streaky. Lastly, the color does not last long. When I touch my lips together, I noticed the color would spread and look lighter than I applied it. It didn't even last until I ate. With that said, it's light-weight and extremely comfortable. It's not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I finally got to try Lustre Lipstick. I've been curious about it but I cannot see myself getting another Lustre. I prefer pigmentation that last longer than comfortable light color.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Unique, well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top, as well as, a clicking noise when you close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to apply.
* Leaves a slight shininess.
* Good spring and summer color.
* Light to medium coverage.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.

Cons:
* Not pigmented.
* Streaky.
* Color spread if you touch your lips together.
* Lasted not that long.

Would repurchase: Maybe in other color.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...