Friday, February 28, 2020

L'Oreal Matte Lip Crayon in 510 Tres Sweet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago, I checked out my nearest CVS and saw these lip products from L'Oreal.

Product Review: L'Oreal Matte Lip Crayon in 510 Tres Sweet

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstore, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $11.99 for 0.04 oz/ 1.3 g

Made in Germany

Description from the website: Full coverage, lasting wear matte color in just one swipe. Saturated matte color available in 18 shades from bold to everyday.

Lips that last. Introducing Infallible Matte Lip Crayon, our first matte lip crayon with lasting wear and saturated color. The creamy lip crayon features an ergonomic mechanical tip for easy application and one-swipe coverage on-the-go. No smudging or feathering for comfortable, long-lasting wear. Enhanced with a sweet caramel aroma, Infallible Matte Lip Crayon is available in 18 matte shades for all skin tones.
Ingredients:
DIMETHICONE, POLYETHYLENE, POLYBUTENE, ISOAMYL LAURATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA / MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX / CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIHEPTANOATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL / JOJOBA SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, TALC, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, COLOPHONIUM / ROSIN / COLOPHANE, TIN OXIDE, BHT [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7. CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 12085 / RED 36 LAKE, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, FIL CODE C245185/1
Thoughts: When I saw this in-store, I was intrigued. I wanted to try another color but it was sold out. I decided to go for a nude to be safe.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's the full quantity of the product. I pulled the lip product all the way up.
Here's a swatch of the lip product on my hand.
Here's how the lip product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with MAC Electric Wonder Eyeshadow Palette in Desert Lightening on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent while applying. It smells like sweet cotton candy. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. Even though the smell is strong, it only lasts for couple of minutes. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The color of the packaging matches the color of the lip product. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart from the color of the packaging. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to put in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The retractable is in the inside of the packaging. When you take the top off, you can retract closest to the lip product. Third, the consistency is slightly creamy. I wouldn't say it's the creamiest and it does tug on the lips a little. If you apply lip balm beforehand, it will glide on and not tug on the lip. If you have dry lips, it will tug a bit. It all depends on the moisture of the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Since the diameter of the lip product is on the small side, I found it the most easiest to apply perfectly around the lips. Since this lip product is matte, I highly recommend exfoliating before using this product. It will show your imperfections especially chapped lips. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It feels like you have lip balm on. Fourth, the color is pretty. I would say it's a caramel nude. It will be great all year and especially for work. You can also wear it with smokey eye makeup. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I definitely do not think it's the most pigmented, but one layer was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lip products don't last that long on me. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I ended up liking it a lot. It's easy to use and last a decent amount of time.

Pros:
* Scent lasts for couple of minutes.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Color of the packaging matches color of the lip product; can distinguish them apart.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Retractable.
* Slightly creamy consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Outlines perfectly.
* Matte.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Pretty color all year round.
* Great for work and smokey eye makeup.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Strong scent while applying.
* Tugs a little on the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Lacque
Colour Riche La Palette
Colour Riche Le Matte
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Shocked
Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes
Festival
Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick
Box O Chocolate
Nudist
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
La Palette Lip
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Light
Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer
Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick
I Create
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...