Friday, January 17, 2020

MAC Lucky Stars Retro Matte Kit: Neutral in Texting The Stars, Topped With Brandy, and With A Side Of Stars

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter derma e Anti-Acne Cleanser, Serum, and Cream Giveaway. It ends February 11, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


In December 2019, I made an ULTA purchase.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip products from MAC on the middle right.
This is MAC Lucky Stars Retro Matte Kit. Since I did a thorough review of MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Burnt Spice, I will base this on that.
Before I talk about the liquid lipsticks, here's a closer look at the bag.
It comes with two different stars attached to the zipper.
Here's a closer look at the packaging of the liquid lipsticks.
Here's a closer look at the color of Texting The Stars.
Here's a closer look at the color of Topped With Brandy. The website describes it as "deep dirty rose."
Here's a closer look at the color of With A Side of Stars.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of all the liquid lipsticks I own from left to right; Burnt Spice, Texting The Stars, Topped With Brandy, and With A Side Of Stars.
Here's how Texting The Stars look on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.
Here's how Topped With Brandy look on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.
Here's how With A Side Of Stars look on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. Topped With Brandy smells stronger than the other two, but not by much. Even though Topped With Brandy is stronger, I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed all three and they have a plant-based like scent. It's not my type of scent but it's bearable. Secondly, it comes in a cute bag. To be honest when I first saw it online, I didn't care to much for the makeup bag. I wanted this product for the liquid lipsticks. Plus, it didn't hurt it was on sale. When I received the bag in person, I was blown away. I liked it a lot! I was expecting the bag to be glittery and gritty to the touch. It was soft and bendable. Not only that, the two stars attached to the zipper are adorable! It's also not cheap looking. I was pretty impressed. Now for the products, they are deluxe samples. They are not the full-sized but you get a pretty decent amount. The packaging is adorable. It's small and the design matches with the theme. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also small enough to hold with one hand. The doe foot applicator is something you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's diamond shape and flat. I use the tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity and on the medium. I wouldn't say it's completely liquidity. There's a slight creamier texture than most liquid lipsticks. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With A Side Of Stars has glitters. You can see the glitters but you cannot feel it between the lips. It goes on slightly streaky but going over with the applicator will smooth it out. Also, it's a metallic liquid lipstick. If you like metallic lipstick, you might like this one. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on shiny and will dry matte. It takes couple of minutes to dry. Once it's dried, it is transfer proof. Since the liquid lipstick will adhere to the lips, it's highly recommended you exfoliate and hydrate before using. It will show all the fine and thick lines. It depends on the brand some will show more than others. This shows the fine lines but does not show my thick lines which I prefer. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, Texting The Stars will be great for all season. Topped With Brandy and With A Side Of Stars will be great for fall and winter. Texting The Stars will also be great for work. Pigmentation-wise they are pigmented. I think they are pretty good. One layer were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, they lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating and for that reason, they don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I would definitely use Texting The Stars and Topped With Brandy. I don't know about With A Side of Stars to be honest. I'm not into metallic lip products.

Would repurchase: Yes
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Sultry Move
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...