Friday, August 30, 2019

MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Sultry Move

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I believe I purchased this lipstick from ULTA in July 2019. I had a discount and been eyeing on this particular color from MAC since it came out. It was a good opportunity to get it.

This is MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Sultry Move. Since I did a thorough review of MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Mull It Over, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zeolite, Kaolin, Alumina, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polysilicone-11, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Flavor (Aroma), Sodium Saccharin, Tocopherol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Orange 5 Lake (Ci 45370), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 30 (Ci 73360), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "bright rose brown" and I don't know if I totally agree with it. I do see rose brown but I wouldn't say it's bright.
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of the lipstick in the tube.
Here's a swatch of the MAC Powder Kiss Lipsticks I own on my hand from left to right; Mull It Over and Sultry Move.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow in The Bronze Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like plant-based product. It reminds me of the forest with lots of trees. It's not my type of scent, but it's light and lasts for a few minutes. I just sniffed the product and it has the exact scent. Secondly, I like the packaging. It looks like a bullet and I enjoy the matte, velvet-like texture. I just hope it doesn't get sticky with time. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise and you can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the tip to outline the lips and the flat part to fill in the remaining. Once it's on, it looks natural on the lips. The lipstick is matte so there is no shine and gloss. If you are not looking for a matte lipstick, you might want to pass. Even though it's matte, it's not transfer-proof. This isn't a liquid lipstick. It's a real lipstick. The one thing or I should say the main thing is how it feels on the lips. It really does feel like you are applying powder on the lips. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and it just feels like you applied a thin layer of balm. If you are someone who doesn't like wearing lip products, this is a good one to start. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a natural rose brown. I think the other one that I own, Mull It Over, has more a brightness that is great for summer. Even though this particular color doesn't have brightness, I think it'll be great all year round. It's also great as everyday work color, as well as, with smokey eyes. Pigmentation-wise it's okay. It's definitely not pigmented but you can build the color with each layer. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most colors don't last that long on me. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this color. It's something I can see myself wear in daily basis.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...