Monday, September 23, 2019

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Toff

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm not too sure when I bought this polish from Butter London, but it was with my collection of nail polishes.

This is Butter London in Toff. The website doesn't have the one I bought but they have it in Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer. Since I did a thorough review of Butter London in Muggins, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a dusty mauve creme nail lacquer" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner. I would say the width of the brush is on the thin side, The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Butter London in Toff, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's not a brush I would reach for. It's on the thin side and you have to brush multiple times for each nail. Even though you do many strokes and move onto the next nail, it was doable. I did not find it hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. I just made sure I did not rub the brush inside the bottle. I just applied what was on the brush. Secondly, I like the packaging. I never had an issue with nail polish packaging. With that said, it's well made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. When I talk about the top, I am talking about the one with the brush attached. At this point, I still don't know why there are two tops. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. With that said, it's easy to use. It spreads easily and leaves a nice, smooth texture. There are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a gorgeous, dark, purple, mauve color. It's a pretty fall and winter color. I think it will look good on light to medium skin tone. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's decent. Two layers were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, I noticed chipping on the sides of the tip on the fifth day. It started small and it got bigger with time. That's pretty decent for a normal nail polish. I'm glad I got this polish. It lasts a decent amount of time and it's a gorgeous color!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...