Friday, September 20, 2019

Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Every year Sephora gives a small gift on your birthday. This was the gift I received in 2017. I know I am late in the game but I am still going to review it.
In the small gift, I received a small blush and a lip paint from Tarte. For this post, I will review the lip paint on the bottom right.
This is Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit. Since I did a thorough review of Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in TBT, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip paint on my hand. I usually compare it to the other colors in the same line. Unfortunately, I cannot find TBT. The oil from the lip paint was spilling out and I placed it to the side. I didn't want it to spill inside my organizer but now, I cannot find it.
Here's how the lip paint looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so light it's hard to distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it has a herbal scent to it. I'm not a fan of herbs but this wasn't bad. It's doable. Secondly, I like the packaging. The packaging is slightly different than the full-size version. The design is just different but other than that, it's pretty similar. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The doe foot applicator seems similar to the full-size version but than again I'm not 100% sure. I cannot find the full-size version I own. It has more a round, thin tip which I use to outline the lips. The long, flat area I use to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is more creamier than liquid lipsticks. I kind of feel stupid. Since I fist used this particular color until now writing this review, I thought it was a liquid lipstick. I found out it's a creamy lipstick. The lip paint will not dry down to be transfer-proof. This does transfer and I kissed my hand twice. This is more a velvety liquid lipsticks that is out in the market than a liquid lipstick that dries to transfer-proof. It does dry down to matte and it is supposed to be more comfortable than liquid lipsticks. With that said, it's glides on and does not tug on the lips. Fourth, the color is more on the neutral side. It's one of those color that looks like my lip but better color. It will be great all year round, as well as, for work and with smokey eye makeup. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. It's definitely not pigmented but it's decent. One layer was good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it only lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip colors don't last that long on me. It's light-weight and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I'm not too sure if I would repurchase this particular color but I will use the sample I got. I might change while using it. You never know.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tarte products reviewed/swatch:
TBT
Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Rose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...