Friday, September 27, 2019

Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Backtalk

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

During Black Friday 2017, I purchase some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed OPI in "Liv" in the Gray (top right, they're both same color) and Bed Head Curlipops 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron (center). For this post, I will review the lip product from Urban Decay on the bottom right.
This is Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Backtalk. Since I did a thorough review of Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Trivial, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Bis-Hydroxylauryl Dimethicone/Ipdi Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Nylon-12, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Silica [Nano] / Silica, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Alumina, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, Ascorbyl Palmitate, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall look... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. I had to sniff several times and I feel a slight vanilla scent. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the top looks sleek. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The doe foot applicator is slightly different than the typical doe foot applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It has a round tip, and it's longer and thinner than most. I found the tip easy to outline the lips and the flat area to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is creamy. It doesn't feel like a liquid lipstick. It feels like a thin creamy lipstick. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on creamy and dries matte. Once it's dried, it's transfer-proof. I just kissed my hand and I saw nothing. If you are not into matte liquid lipsticks, then this might not be for you. When it comes to liquid lipsticks, it will show all your imperfections. I suggest you exfoliate and hydrate before applying the liquid lipsticks. It will adhere to your lips. Depending on the brand, some liquid lipsticks will show fine to thick lines. Thankfully, this only shows my fine lines. I like the fine lines on my lips. I hate the thick lines. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's in-between pink to purple color. It's a gorgeous all year round. It will also be great for work. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one layer was good enough on my lip color. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth every time I eat. For this reason, color doesn't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white reside in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I feel like the trend is moving away from liquid lipsticks. I'm not too sure why but I still love my liquid lipsticks. I love not seeing lip marks on my cups when I drink. I hate seeing lip product marks on the thermal containers. I feel like it spreads throughout the day. Also, it's on sale on the website. I'm thinking they might discontinue this product but I'm not 100% sure. It's been on sale since I purchased this many many months ago.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Urban Decay products reviewed/swatch:
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush
Satisfy
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
Sin
Naked Palettes
Nail Polish
Vice
Perversion Mascara
Troublemaker Mascara
Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte
1993
Vice Liquid Lipstick Comfort Matte
Trivial

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...