Monday, February 1, 2016

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Storm

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought two polishes from Zoya some time ago.

Since I own so many, they don't get the love they need. For this post, I will review the polish on the right.
This is Zoya in Storm. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look, and the website describes it "as a full coverage, holiday black with a high concentration of micro fine diamond holographic glitter. Storm is elegant, powerful and versatile." I agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compare to my favorite OPI brush, it's a lot thinner and shorter. The width of the brush is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Zoya in Storm, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I found the brush thin. When it comes to thin brushes, I'm not good at painting around the cuticles. It's just me. I just need more practice. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that I have to paint quickly before it dries. It's also not too thin that it drips to the side and falls onto my skin. It's a great consistency especially for this thin brush. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's a great color for winter. I also think it's pretty unique. I haven't seen many black holographic polishes. Lastly, it lasted four days before I noticed chipping at the tip. It's slight but most of the chip happened at the ends of the tips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...