Friday, September 13, 2019

Kylie Cosmetics KyShadow in The Sorta Sweet Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Several months ago, ULTA had a sale on Kylie Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes. I decided to purchase one.

Product Review: Kylie Cosmetics KyShadow in The Sorta Sweet Palette

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at kyliecosmetics.com
Price: $42 for 9 x 0.06 oz/ 1.6 g

Made in USA

Description from ULTA website: KYLIE COSMETICS The Sorta Sweet Palette Kyshadow is your secret weapon to create the perfect Kylie eye. Each Sorta Sweet Palette comes with 9 pressed powder eyeshadows that can be used together to recreate Kylie's favorite looks or customize your own.

The Kyshadow pressed powder eyeshadows are paraben free, have medium buildable coverage and a velvety smooth texture.

KYLIE COSMETICS is cruelty-free.

Shades:
* Buttermilk (matte pale yellow)
* Glazed (metallic soft gold)
* Rose (matte soft brown)
* Berry Bite (matte dusty mauve)
* Sweet (metallic olive gold)
* Cookie Dough (matte soft beige)
* Raspberry Sugar (metallic rose bronze)
* Cocoa (matte rich brown)
* Spice Plum (matte deep blackened plum)
Ingredients:
Berry Bite, Buttermilk, Rose, Cookie Dough, Cocoa, Spice Plum: Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Coppper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Glazed, Raspberry Sugar, Sweet: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Boron Nitride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lauryl Laurate, Lauroyl Lysine, Talc, Silica, Ptfe, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492 CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Thoughts: I've been wanting to try her eyeshadow palettes and this gave me a chance to pick one up. The colors are up my alley. I tend to grab warm neutral shadows. I want something I can wear in daily basis but also smoke it out for the night out.
Here's a closer look inside the palettes. It comes with nine shadows and a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the none eyeshadows. It comes with a mixture of shimmers and mattes.
Here's a closer look at one of the shimmery shadows. This is Raspberry Sugar.
Here's a swatch of the top row from left to right; Buttermilk, Glazed, and Rose.
Here's the second row from left to right; Berry Bite, Sweet, and Cookie Dough.
Here's the bottom row from left to right; Raspberry Sugar, Cocoa, and Spice Plum.

Now for looks I created...
Look #1:
I applied Glazed on the lid, and blended out the crease and outer v with Rose. I darkened the outer v with Cocoa. I highlighted underneath the eyebrow with Buttermilk.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MGS Beauty Matte Liquid Lipstick in Natural on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Raspberry Sugar on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with Rose. I darkened the outer v with Cocoa. I highlighted underneath the eyebrow with Buttermilk.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with NYX Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish in Cheap Fills on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Sweet on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with Cookie Dough. I darkened the outer v with Cocoa. I highlighted underneath the eyebrow with Buttermilk.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Sultry Move on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the design is cute. On the box, one of the eyes is blinking. On the packaging of the palette it's crying. I'm not too sure why it's crying but I like the metallic tears on plain, matte black. It stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick cardboard paper. The lid is also sturdy. There's a magnetic in the middle edge in the inside of the lid. You can feel a magnetic pull when you open and close the lid. It also makes a clicking noise when you close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. You might want to be careful how you put the lid while traveling. If you place it wrong, it would open and stain. It will not be a pretty sight. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It makes application easy. You can carry with one hand while applying with the other. For that reason, the mirror comes in handle. Not only that, you can actually use the mirror. It's a good decent size. Unfortunately, it does not come with brushes. You need to carries brushes or you can use your fingers. It is up to you. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. The shimmers in my opinion is softer than the matte but not by much. Even though the shimmers are softer, they both are easy to apply. With that said, it's easy to use. The brushes pick up the colors easily and applies softly. You can see the transition between the shadows. I hate when it looks like one color on the lids. I don't see a point of having multiple colors if they blend together too well. Thankfully, the colors look good together and they blend easily. The shadows are also compacted. I hardly see any loose shadows inside the palette. Fourth, the colors are on the neutral side. It's a mix of warm golden colors with berries. I have never seen them mixed together but it does work. Even though it works, I wasn't a fan of the berries. The golden colors are pretty. It also comes with a mixture of shimmers and mattes. They work well together. This is a great all year color. I also love Buttermilk. It's a great highlight underneath the eyebrows. I use this often even with other shadows from other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. I did have to layer some colors but most are decent. Lastly, it lasted all day without creasing and fading. Since I have dry skin, most shadows last all day. It looked good at the end of the day as you applied. I'm glad I got to try this palette but I think it's also overrated. I feel like you will get the same results with other palettes. I also didn't like the mixture of golds with berries. Other than the color choices, this is a decent palette.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a magnetic pull when you close/open, as well as, a clicking noise when you close the lid.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a decent size mirror.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Brushes pick up the shadows easily.
* Can see transition between the shadows.
* Blends easily.
* Shadows are compacted.
* Mix of shimmers and mattes.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* No creasing.
* No fading.
* Lasted all day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not a fan of the berry colors.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
Matte Lip Kit
Velvet Liquid Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...