Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Maple Holistics Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Maple Holistics.

I received their newest shampoo and they were kind enough to give me a lip product. For this post, I will review the shampoo on top.
Product Review: Maple Holistics Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Where to purchase: online at mapleholistics.com
Price: $12.95 for 10 oz/296 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Raw apple cider vinegar gently purifies and balances your scalp. We added a blend or rosemary and wild mint, essential oil along with sunflower, argan, castor, and jojoba oil, for added moisture and strength. The energizing formula restores shine leaving your hair looking softer and fuller.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I'm always excited to receive products from Maple Holistics. They just work well with my skin and hair. For this reason, I was excited to try their newest shampoo.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It was strong the first time I ever used this product but with time, it got less. Either I got used to the scent or the scent diminished with usage. With that said, it smelled like vinegar but not as strong as the real deal. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same while using. I, personally, don't smell the apple but it has a sweet scent to it. Secondly, I like the packaging. I swear the new packaging from Maple Holistics is so sleek. It's simple and appealing. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel the tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you push and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Just for safety reason, I do recommend putting it in a plastic bag if you put it in your luggage. Third, the consistency is creamy and it's on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to lather into the hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. The texture of the shampoo reminds me of liquid soaps I used when I was younger. It's that shiny, metallic white liquid. Am I the only one who used it while I was young? Even though it looks like a liquid soap, it definitely doesn't feel like one. With that said, it's easy to use. I wet my hair until it's damp. While it's damped, I squeeze a quarter size amount onto my palm and lather into the roots. It doesn't take a lot of effort to lather into the hair. It doesn't foam but you can feel the soap while washing the roots. Then I rinse the hair, and you can feel a difference before and after. I have slightly oily roots with dry ends. The ends are dry from bleaching. The roots, on the other hand, gets slightly oily after a day. Since washing is rough on the hair, I wash it every other day. Also, I need to or else the roots get greasy. The first time I washed my hair after getting it bleached and dyed, you can feel the brittleness. You know the hair is clean if you can feel that texture. With time, the brittleness gets less because it builds up. After using this particular shampoo, I felt the same texture the first time I washed my hair after getting it bleach and dyed. Not only that, my oily roots will build up to a point I can see white dry bumps. I would use my hair dryer to kill the bacteria. After using this particular shampoo, the white dry bumps became less to a point I hardly see anymore. With that said, this is strong on the hair. I highly recommend using it once a week if you have bleach/dyed hair. If not, I think it's fine to use it often. Lastly, I am glad I got to try this product. My scalp and hair has improved with usage. I had bumps on my scalp and it has gotten small to a point I don't feel it anymore. If you want clean scalp and hair, this is a good one!

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Smells like sweet vinegar.
* Simple and sleep packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and clicking noise when you push and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Cleanses the hair.
* Get rid of build up.
* Scalp and hair improves with usage.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Strong.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maple Holistics products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...