Wednesday, August 2, 2023

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ in Rose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2023, I took part in the ULTA beauty event.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the MAC spray on the top right.
I bought two things from MAC. For this post, I will review the spray on the left.
Product Review: MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ in Rose

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $31 for 3.4 fl oz/ 100 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: A soothing moisture mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Hold bottle 12" away from face and spray evenly. Use before or after makeup.
Ingredients:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, Caprylyl Glycol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Citronellol, Geraniol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol ILN35332
Thoughts: I always wanted to try Fix+, as well as, Rose from MAC. When this became on sale, I thought it was a good chance to try it.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the mist on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light that it's hard to distinguish but you do smell the rose. As times goes on, you get to used to the scent that you don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and I smell more rose-like than when it's sprayed. I actually like the smell. It doesn't seem artificial at all. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's simple and the design looks modern. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. Being said, it's also hard to open and close. I don't know if I got a bad batch. Once I have the top open, I don't want to close it. With that said, I have full control of the pump. I can spray as much as I like. When I first started using this spray, I found it hard to pump. My fingers did not feel comfortable. I just wasn't used to it. Now I don't notice the difference anymore. Third, the consistency is liquidity and on the medium. It's not too thick that it just wets the face. It's also not too thin that you don't feel anything. It's a good consistency and you can spray as much as you like. With that said, it's easy to use. I used it right after cleansing. It hydrates my dry skin which helps my skin to apply less products. A little goes a long way after misting or at least for me. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable on the skin. It's also very cooling not in the tingling sensation, but refreshing sensation. It absorbs quickly and leaves a nice, smooth texture. Lastly, it helps with skin care but you can also use it for makeup. You can prep the skin before makeup, make dry powder more liquidity, or set the makeup at the end. I haven't really used it for makeup reason. I just have been lazy and haven't wore makeup in awhile. I am glad I got this product. It's something I would definitely reach for!

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Smells like soft rose that isn't artificial.
* Simple packaging with modern design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when I open and close.
* Full control of the pump.
* Liquidity consistency and on the medium.
* Can spray as much as you like.
* Easy to use.
* Hydrating.
* Helps the skin apply less products.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Cooling/refreshing.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Great for makeup.

Cons:
* Hard to open and close the pump.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Locked Kiss Ink 24Hr Lipcolour
Bodacious
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Sultry Move
Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick
Over The Taupe
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
Texting The Stars
Topped With Brandy
With A Side Of Stars
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...