Friday, January 6, 2023

MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick in Over The Taupe

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In early December 2022, I bought some products from ULTA.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the lip product from MAC on the bottom right.
Product Review: MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick in Over The Taupe

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $27 for 0.70 oz/ 2 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: A moisture-infused lipstick that provides 12 hours of on-trend, mega-bold colour and ultra-weightless wear in a single, velvet-soft swipe.
Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Silica, Kaolin, Synthetic Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\ Copernicia Cerifera Cera \Cire De Carnauba, Mica, Propylene Carbonate, Vanillin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Bht, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 30 (Ci 73360), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)] ILN50652
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I knew I had to get one. I love velvet type lip products. They are just comfortable on the lips or at least on me.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as a "midtone dirty nude." I kind of have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of the product. I pulled it all the way up.
Here's a closer look at a swatch on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I love the packaging. I love the velvet feel on the outside. It's sleek but not like NARS or Bite Beauty. I hate the velvet kinds that get sticky after several usage. I don't see this one getting sticky but I could be wrong. If you own more than one of these lip products, it will be hard to distinguish them apart. There is nothing that distinguish them other than the name on the bottom. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in the purse, bag, and even the pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to use. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and it does not tug on the lips. It glides on. With that said, it's easy to use. You can use it with a lip liner but I like it without the lip liner. It has a blur, matte, velvet look which is what I like on me. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. It feels like I am not wearing anything. If you do have dry chapped lips, it will show but it's not that noticeable. I recommend scrubbing and hydrating before using. Fourth, it's a very natural mauvy-taupe color. I think it will be great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but for my pale skin it looks decent. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. It is not transfer-proof but I barely saw pigmentation on things. I just kissed the back of my hands and I barely saw a stain. It's also not drying. I did not see a white residue in the center of the lips. With time, my chapped lips got better. I am glad I got this product. I love how it looks on me. I really like the look!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Love the packaging especially the velvet feel on the outside.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a clicking noise and can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Glides on.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves a blur, matte, velvet look.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Extremely comfortable.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Barely stain things.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* If you own more than one, hard to distinguish them apart.
* Will show the dry, chapped lips but not that noticeable.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Sultry Move
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
Texting The Stars
Topped With Brandy
With A Side Of Stars
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...