Friday, August 25, 2023

Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Pink Pineapple Sunrise

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2023, I purchase some products from Bath & Body Works semi-annual sale.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Bath & Body Works Ultimate Hydration Body Cream in Pink Pineapple Sunrise (top left). For this post, I will review the shower gel on the middle left.
Product Review: Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Pink Pineapple Sunrise

Where to purchase: Bath & Body Works and online at bathandbodyworks.com
Price: $13.50 for 10 fl oz/ 295 mL

Description from the website: What it does: leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean and beautifully fragranced.

Why you'll love it:
* Infused with the good stuff (vitamin E and aloe)
* Light, bubbly lather
* Gentle cleanser (a.k.a. daily indulgence)
* Non-drying and dermatologist tested
* Bottle made with 50% recycled plastic
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Since I love the Bath & Body Works Ultimate Hydration Body Cream in Pink Pineapple Sunrise, I wanted a matching body wash. I just wanted to smell the same throughout the day.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the shower gel on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while using. It smells like pineapple but a little diluted. I think it's stronger on the body cream than the shower gel. I just sniffed the product and it smells exactly like the body cream. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's simple and clean looking. I like that I can see through the packaging. I like seeing the product go down especially since I own so many products. I feel productive. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the lid, as well as, I can hear a clicking noise when I open. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I would put in a Ziploc bag just incase it leaks through. I also notice the outside gets sticky with usage. It's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is gel-like and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to create a lather. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time showering. With that said, it's easy to use. While showering, I would wet my sponge and squeeze a huge quarter amount. Then I would cleanse from top down. It creates a decent amount of lather. I prefer more but it's good enough. It spreads easily and I feel clean afterwards. It's also easy to rinse off the skin with water. It's light-weight and not drying. I don't know if it's moisturizing since I moisturize right after showering. All I know is that I do not feel a tightness after cleansing. Lastly, my skin is hydrated in-between showers. I do not need to moisturize in-between. I am glad I got this product. It smells good but I wished it was stronger. Also, I am curious to try other body washes from this company. I feel like this is better on normal to oily skin. It might be too light for my dry skin.

Pros:
* Noticeable scent.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* See through packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when I open and close the lid, and makes a clicking noise when open.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Gel-like consistency and on the medium.
* Easy to use.
* Creates a lather.
* Spreads easily.
* Cleans.
* Rinses off easily.
* Light-weight.
* Not drying.
* Hydrated in-between showers.
* Good for normal to oily skin individuals.

Cons:
* The scent is diluted.
* Wished it created a more lather.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Bath & Body Works products reviewed/swatch:
Shea & Vitamin E Body Lotion
Ultra Shea Body Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...