Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Lancome Advanced Genifique Eye Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In February 2023, I took part in the ULTA beauty event.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (bottom middle). For this post, I will review the Lancome eye cream on the bottom middle.
Here are the two products from Lancome I got. I already reviewed Lancome Advanced Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask (top). I received gift with purchase for purchasing the eye cream. For this post, I will review the Lancome eye cream on the bottom.
Product Review: Lancome Advanced Genifique Eye Cream

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $79 for 15 mL/0.5 fl oz

Made in France

Description from the package: Every day the delicate eye area is exposed. Eyes can appear visibly fatigued and lose their youthful radiance due to factors such as lack of sleep, external aggressions and signs of aging. Our highly concentrated eye cream combines a Bifidus and Yeast Prebiotics Complex in a fast-absorbing silky gel-cream. It helps accelerate skin surface barrier recovery. Eye contour feels revitalized. With day and night use, this potent eye cream acts on the visible signs of youthful radiant eyes: hydration, smoothness, luminosity, dark circles and fine lines. Eyes look rested and recover a more youthful luminous look.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU • DIMETHICONE • BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE • GLYCERIN • PROPANEDIOL • ALCOHOL DENAT. • POLYSILICONE-11 • SILICA • DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • DI-C12-13 ALKYL MALATE • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE • CI 77891 /TITANIUM DIOXIDE • ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE • LACTIC ACID • LACTOBACILLUS • TOCOPHEROL • HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM BENZOATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • SODIUM CITRATE • ADENOSINE • FAEX EXTRACT / YEAST EXTRACT / EXTRAIT DE LEVURE • ACETIC ACID • TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE • CHLORPHENESIN • POLYMNIA SONCHIFOLIA ROOT JUICE • CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE • POLYGONUM FAGOPYRUM SEED EXTRACT / BUCKWHEAT SEED EXTRACT • MALTODEXTRIN • SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE • CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT • DIMETHICONOL • LIMONENE • MANNOSE • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE • LINALOOL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1 • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • CARBOMER • BORON NITRIDE • ACRYLATES/ C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • GERANIOL • BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG- 16/16 DIMETHICONE • CETEARETH-20 • POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE • CITRONELLOL • ALUMINA • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • (F.I.L. : B257052/2)
Thoughts: I've always wanted to try this eye cream and given it was on sale, I took advantage. I did not know I took advantage twice.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I might have gotten used to the smell or it's not close to my nose. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It's very floral and I actually like the smell. It's on the sweet side. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It looks so professional. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with massaging it into your skin. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing and serum, the eye cream is the next step in the skincare routine. I used it both mornings and nights, and am still using it. I would dab my right ring finger into the pot and grab some product. I would dab all over the lids, undereye, smile line, my eleven, and the forehead where I notice fine and deep wrinkles. I would pat with my ringer finger until it gets absorbed into the skin. It absorbs quickly because I have dry skin. It might be too thick for normal to oily skin individuals. It's not light-weight. I can definitely feel the texture. It's not greasy, not sticky, and it's extremely hydrating. I feel like I am putting a nice, calming moisturizer on my eyes. My skin feels soft, hydrated, and alert. With hydration and constant usage, the fine and deep lines would improve. Lastly, the next morning my skin around the eyes look good but it's one of those products you need to be consistent for improvement. I am glad I got this product. I have noticed slight improvements around the eyes. Cannot wait to see what happens after using both purchase!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Great for normal to dry skin.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Hydrating.
* Calming.
* Skin feels soft.
* Diminish fine to thick lines.
* Eyes look good next morning.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Not light-weight.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...