Monday, August 14, 2023

Manicure Monday: Illamasqua in Purity

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Illamasqua in Purity that I reviewed in September 2012,
This is Illamasqua in Purity. I cannot find it on the website. It's easy sold out or discontinued. I would think it's the second.
Here's a closer look at the color on the right.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is thinner and the length is longer. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Illamasqua in Purity, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's way too thin for my taste but if you are a painter, it should not be a problem. I am just bad at painting overall. I also like curve tips than straight. Since it's straight, I had issues painting around the cuticles and sides. The consistency of the nail polish did not help either. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. When I mean tight seal, it's extremely tight. I remember the tightness since I first got this polish. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the thick side. I do not know if it got thicker with years but I am assuming. All I need to do is thin it out with a thinner the next time I paint my nails with this polish. Since it's too thick for my taste, I ended up painting fast and it looked like a hot mess. If you are a better paint than myself, it shouldn't be bad. With that said, it's easy to use. It didn't go on smoothly but that's all me. There were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a gorgeous peachy color. It's great for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, even though the consistency was thick I did not see any shrinkage whatsoever. I also did not see any chipping on the tips on the fifth day. I am glad I got this polish. I love the color and how long it lasts. I just need to thin it out the next time!

Would I repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...