Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2021, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette (left), and beautyblender Makeup Sponge in The Original (left). For this post, I will review the serum from Glow Recipe on the right.
Product Review: Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at glowrecipe.com
Price: $35 for 40 mL/ 1.35 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the package:  Achieve a magical, undeniable glow with this versatile, instant skin-care highlighter that illuminates skin under or over makeup. Inspired by Korean makeup artists' go-to glowing tricks, this lightweight gel helps you achieve an ultra reflective complexion immediately and over time with antioxidant-rich watermelon, brightening niacinamide, and hydrating hyaluronic acid - all without mica, glitter, or pearls. Niacinamide brightens uneven tone and dullness and minimizes the appearance of pores to make skin truly glow.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Propanediol, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Niacinamide, 2,3-Butanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate.
Thoughts: I saw one YouTuber use this product and it intrigued me. She really made her skin glow and look dewy. I want the dewy look. It makes you look younger.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the serum on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It's so light that I had to sniff real hard to smell it. I did smell watermelon. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and shiny, light pink stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I lift up and down the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. You also have full control of the pump. You can pump out as much as you like. Third, the consistency is kind of gel-like instead of being liquidity. It's also on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also no too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency and you can take your time massaging it into your skin. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing and toning, the first thing I apply is the serum and then I finish off the skin care routine. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable on the skin. Since I have dry skin, it absorbs quickly. I feel like people with normal to oily skin, it might take some time to absorb into the skin. It's also hydrating. With hydration, you notice less fine to thick lines with usage. Lastly, my skin looks fine the next morning. I use this product mornings and nights. Would I say it's a miracle worker? No. The main reason I got this product is to get the dewy look. It might be my skin texture, but I saw no dewiness. I saw slight shine but it's so minimal that I had to look closely. If I wanted the dewy look that I saw YouTubers put, I need to pump a lot of product. This product would run out quickly. I am glad I got this product. If I just want a hydrating product, this will be fine. If you are looking for anti-aging or the dewiness, you will need to use a lot. I think this brand targets people in their twenties. If you are thirties or older, I say skip.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent.
* Simple packaging with shiny, light pink color.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you lift up and down.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the pump; can pump as much as you like.
* Gel-like consistency.
* Medium consistency.
* Can take your time with massaging it into the skin.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable on the skin.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Hydrating.
* Notice less fine and thick lines.
* Good for twenty year olds.

Cons:
* Does not give the dewiness on dry skin.
* Not anti-aging.
* Not meant for thirties or older.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Glow Recipe products reviewed/swatch:
Watermelon Glow

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...