Friday, May 26, 2023

MAC Locked Kiss Ink 24Hr Lipcolour in Bodacious

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of April 2023, I made a purchase from ULTA.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip product from MAC on the bottom right.
Product Review: MAC Locked Kiss Ink 24Hr Lipcolour in Bodacious

Where to purchase: ULTA, MAC, and online at maccosmetics.com
Price: $33 for 0.14 fl oz/ 4 mL

Made in Belgium

Description from the website: A kissproof transfer-proof and waterproof liquid lipstick with 24 hours of weightless wear and rich matte colour.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Dimethicone Silylate, Ppg-51/Smdi Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Kaolin, Boron Nitride, Silica, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Polydecene, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methicone, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\ Copernicia Cerifera Cera \Cire De Carnauba, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Saccharin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 21 (Ci 45380), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 30 (Ci 73360), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 21 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)] ILN50537
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I knew I had to get one. I just didn't know which color. The worker from MAC recommended this color on me. He convinced me.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "deep tone beige." I don't know if I agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.
Here's how the lip color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Retro Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I smelled vanilla. I'm not a vanilla person but it was doable. Secondly, the packaging is so cute. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is liquidly like a liquid lipstick and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not dry that quickly but you do need to work fast as well. It's a liquid lipstick. With that said, it's easy to use. I used the tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to color it in. Then I let it dry. Since it's a liquid lipstick, you need to prep before using this product. It will show your imperfections including your fine and thick lines. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and it will not tug on your lips. After all these years, I am still a huge fan of transfer-proof lip products. It's just easy to wear and I love seeing nothing on my drinking cups. That's just me though. Fourth, it's supposed to be a peachy nude lipstick. The day I wore it looked more pinkish-nude for some reason. I am wearing it for review purpose right now and it's more peachy nude. I think it depends on what makeup you are wearing, as well as, what you are wearing clothes-wise. It's a great all color year round, as well as, for work. Do I think the color is unique? No, you can find it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, lip products do not last long on me. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I am glad I got this product. I can see myself wearing this often. I wished they had more nude choices though.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when I open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Liquidity consistency and on the medium.
* Does not dry quickly but does dry.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Will not tug on your lips.
* Transfer-proof.
* Great neutral all year round and work.
* Pigmented.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I age.

Cons:
* Need to prep before using; will show your imperfections.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MAC products reviewed/swatch:
GreasePaint Stick
Below Ground
Liptensity Lipstick
Smoked Almond
Lustre Lipstick
Aloof
Matte Lipstick
Baby's All Right
Derriere
Whirl
Powder Kiss Lipstick
Mull It Over
Sultry Move
Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick
Over The Taupe
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
Burnt Spice
Texting The Stars
Topped With Brandy
With A Side Of Stars
SlimShine Lipstick
Bare
Zoom Lash Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...