Friday, May 19, 2023

Makeup By Mario Lip Lift Kit in Mauve Nude (Erin Lipstick and Smokey Pink Lip Pencil)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2022, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip kit in the middle from Makeup By Mario.
I bought two products from Makeup By Mario. For this post, I will review the lip kit on the right.
Product Review: Makeup By Mario Lip Lift Kit in Mauve Nude; Erin Ultra Suede Lipstick and Smokey Pink Ultra Suede Sculpting Lip Pencil

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at makeupbymario.com
Price: $20 for 4 g/0.14 oz and 0.9 g/0.03 oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: A mini duo to create Mario's viral Lip Lift technique including an Ultra Suede Lipstick and Ultra Suede Sculpting Lip Pencil for fuller, lifted lips with a soft matte finish.
Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Silica, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Kaolin, Synthetic Wax, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Mica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) [cera Carnauba], Stearalkonium Hectorite, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, [may Contain/peut Contenir (+/-): Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Titanium Dioxide 77891), Blue 1 42090), 28 45410), Yellow 5 19140), Iron Oxides 77491, Ci 77492, 77499), 6 15850)] Ultra Suede Sculpting Lip Pencil: May Contain: Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Dicalcium Phosphate, Mica, Synthetic Wax, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Bht [may Contain/peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides 77491, Ci 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake 15850)] 6 15850), Blue 1 42090)] Yellow 5 19140)] 22 45380), 28 45410)] 45410)
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I really liked the lip combination and was curious about this product.
Here's a closer look at the packaging of the lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color and the full quantity of the lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the lip pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color of the lip pencil.
Here's a swatch of the lip pencil on the left (Smokey Pink) and the lipstick on the right (Erin) on my hand.
Here's how the lip pencil looks on my lip. I only outlined the outside.
Here's an overall look with Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's how the lip pencil outlined on the outside and lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Makeup By Mario Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed both the pencil and lipstick, and no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I actually like the packaging. It's not professional looking, but it's clean and simple. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The lipstick is made out of plastic and the lip pencil is made out of wood. Both tops are sturdy as well. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I can also hear a clicking noise when I open and close the top of the lipstick, and when I open the lip pencil. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, both the lip pencil and lipstick are creamy and the consistency in on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I used both separately, as well as, together to see how they worked. They are both smooth that they do not tug on the lips. It goes on smoothly. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and extremely comfortable. One thing I love about lipsticks and lip pencils are how they do not exaggerate the imperfections. Even though I don't like showing my imperfections, I still prefer liquid lipsticks. I like the feeling of knowing they do not spread on the lips when I smack my lips together. I do that very often throughout the day. I definitely noticed the lip products spreading but it wasn't a big difference. That is a huge plus for me. Fourth, the colors are interesting. In reality, they are not that much different from each other. They are in the nude family. When I tried the lipstick by itself, it was more peachy nude. Per website it's a cool nude with pink undertone. I can see that. The color itself made me look sickly. The lip pencil was more brownish nude and I did not mind the color. The website describes it dusty nude pink. I can see that as well. When I put the lip pencil and lipstick together, oh my goodness it's so pretty. I could not believe they made this color combination kit. The color combination looked the best on me. It was a pretty pinkish nude color that you can wear everyday and all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It showed on me but I am on the paler side. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth gazillion times while eating. This is why I waste so much napkins. For this reason, lip products do not last long on me. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I am glad I got this product. I would not use the lipstick and lip pencil by itself, but the combination is something I can see myself wearing often. It's like yin and yang.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Clean and simple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with your hand.
* Cream and on the medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Do not tug on the lips.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Do not exaggerate the imperfections.
* The color combination is gorgeous!
* Great for everyday and all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Lip products spread a little when you smack your lips.
* Separate the colors did not look good.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...