Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hourglass Equilibrium Intensive Hydrating Eye Balm

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2022, I purchase one product from Hourglass.
With purchase, I got a deluxe sample. I am going to review the deluxe eye cream.
Product Review: Hourglass Equilibrium Intensive Hydrating Eye Balm

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at hourglasscosmetics.com
Price: $82 for 0.58 oz/ 16.3 g

Made in Japan

Description from the website: This powerful eye balm is clinically proven to provide up to eight hours of hydration while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness. The rich, balmy texture is designed to penetrate skin and hydrate the undereye, sealing in moisture as it improves skin radiance.

The petrolatum-free formula is infused with HOURGLASS Amino Youth Lipids, a powerful pro-lipid blend featuring vegan Phosphatidylglycerol, which mimics a key nutrient in amniotic fluid. The expertly formulated blend accelerates natural cell turnover and replenishes moisture with restoring lipids for skin that appears more radiant and youthful. The intensive treatment smooths the undereye and diminishes the appearance of dark circles after just three days of use.
Ingredients:
GLYCERIN, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DIGLYCERIN, POLYGLYCERYL-6 POLYRICINOLEATE, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSES-QUIOXANE, WATER/AQUA, ASCORBIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, GLYCERYL GLUCOSIDE, LECITHIN, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, PHOSPHATIDYLGLYCEROL, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYLLAUROYL GLUTAMATE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited to try. When I think of Hourglass, all I think about it makeup. I never knew they had a skin care line.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it smells like Vaseline. It has a waxy smell that I am not too keen on. On the other hand, you cannot smell it unless you sniff the product. Secondly, I do not own the full size. I received a deluxe sample. I am basing my opinion on the deluxe sample. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is very Vaseline-like and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, toner, and serum; I apply the eye cream. I get a bit on my ringer finger and pat all over the eyes until it absorbs into the skin. I also apply it on the smile lines, in-between the brows, and forehead. Make sure you pat instead of rub. It's not good to tug on the sensitive areas. I wouldn't say it's light-weight but I wouldn't say it's heavy. It feels like Vaseline except the thickness you get, as well as, it's not that greasy. It's not sticky but you do feel slight texture, and it is comfortable. Like Vaseline, it's hydrating. With hydration, you noticed less fine and thick lines. Lastly, the next morning my skin around the eyes look good. The website recommends using it only at nights. I used the product before reading the instruction, and used it both mornings and nights. If you do not wear makeup like myself for work, it is fine. If you wear makeup, then it might be too heavy. I am glad I got this product. It was easy to use and I saw results.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Vaseline-like consistency and on the medium.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs into the skin.
* Not light-weight but not heavy.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky but can feel a slight texture.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Notice less fine and thick lines.
* Use only at nights.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Use only at nights; need another eye cream for the mornings.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Hourglass products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...