Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Tatcha The Silk Sunscreen SPF 50

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2023, I bought a Tatcha sunscreen from Sephora.
Product Review: Tatcha The Silk Sunscreen SPF 50

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at tatcha.com
Price: $62 for 50 mL/1.7 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Hydrating Mineral Shield. 10% zinc oxide protects against UVA/UVB rays. Natural plant extracts and red algae cocoon skin from pollution and blue light. Silk primes skin, hyaluronic acid hydrates, and niacinamide evens tone. Leaves a healthy glow, never a shite cast.
Ingredients:

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: ZINC OXIDE 10%

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LAURYL PEG-8 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, TRIDECYL SALICYLATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, NIACINAMIDE, SACCHAROMYCES/RICE FERMENT FILTRATE, SILICA, SQUALANE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CLADOSIPHON OKAMURANUS EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED SILK, BISABOLOL, ALLANTOIN, TOCOPHEROL, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED EXTRACT, ARCTIUM LAPPA ROOT EXTRACT, KAPPAPHYCUS ALVAREZII EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LECITHIN, CAESALPINIA SPINOSA FRUIT EXTRACT, LACTOBACILLUS, MALTODEXTRIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE, PEG-10, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PHOSPHORIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)
Thoughts: I've heard really good things about this product. On the other hand, I heard bad things about the packaging. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it. The packaging cannot be that bad.

Here's a closer look at the opening. The product just started oozing out as soon as I opened the product.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it has a light scent. It's kind of a muted sunscreen scent. I think it's from the leftover sunscreen on the packaging. Secondly, the design of the packaging is nice when you first buy the product. It's clean looking, professional, and the color is pretty. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are tough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I do recommend putting the sunscreen in a plastic bag if you take it traveling or put it in another container. Once you open the package, it's a hot mess. It's the worst I have ever seen in any package whatsoever! And here I am thinking my previous sunscreen packaging was bad. It was nothing in comparison. As soon as I opened the top, it started oozing out. I had to close it right away. It oozes out of the top and stains the outside of the package. If you don't clean the outside of the package, the stain from the sunscreen starts breaking the design of the plastic. With that said, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It's the last step in the skin care before heading out. I put a nickel size on the palm of my head. I pat my hands together and pat all over the face and ears. Yes, I protect my ears. I have a tendency to get moles on my ears. It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly, leaves a nice smooth texture, light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, doesn't leave a white cast, and most importantly it doesn't feel like sunscreen. It feels like I am applying moisturizer. Lastly, I am supposed to apply every two hours. Since I mostly apply for work, I forget about reapplying. I think it's pretty long lasting for a sunscreen. I am glad I got this product. I just wished the packaging was so much better. If it was better, I would keep repurchasing. It's a great sunscreen. I love that it's working inside out. When it's absorbed into the skin, it starts internally to protect outside. Not only that, I feel like my skin has gotten better since using this product. It seems more plump and hydrated. I also see less fine and thick lines. Tatcha if you hear this please change the packaging! This is the worst ever. I have not seen anything worst than this. I also feel like so much is being wasted falling on the sides of the packaging. It is a costly sunscreen.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent.
* Nice design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging before opening.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't leave a white cast.
* Doesn't feel like sunscreen but more a moisturizer.
* Working inside out.
* Skin looks plump and hydrated.
* Less fine and thick lines.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Start oozing out once the package is open.
* Need to cover the packaging or put it in another container for traveling.
* Product is being wasted by falling to the sides.

Would repurchase: No, unless they change the packaging.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Other Tatcha products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...