Monday, January 2, 2023

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Margaret

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of 
Zoya in Margaret that I reviewed in October 2019.
This is Zoya in Margaret. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a well-balanced vivid auburn red cream." I definitely agree it's on the red side.
Here's a closer look at the Zoya Z-Wide Brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is slightly shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Margaret, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. The brush is great for all painters including people who are not good at painting like myself. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and on the smaller side. I honestly don't think the bottle should be huge. There's no way I can finish the bottle unless it's the only color I wear. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty darker red. It's great for fall and winter color. Do I think the color is unique? No, you can find this in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fourth day. It's so slight that it's not noticeable unless you look at it carefully. I did not see chipping whatsoever. I am glad I got this polish. The color looks good on my hand and it lasts a long time!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...