Monday, January 16, 2023

Manicure Monday: Julep in Millie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Julep in Millie that I reviewed in January 2019.
This is Julep in Millie. I did not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner but the length is the same. I would say the brush is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Julep in Millie, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's not my type of brush. Even though I did not like the brush, I was able to brush three strokes and move onto the next nail. The straight tip did not help me paint around the cuticles and sides. If you are better than me, this should be an alright brush. I am just not good at painting. Secondly, I like the packaging. The thin container helps reach to the bottom even though I am not there yet. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to use. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a simple navy with slight purple. It's a great fall and winter color. Would I say the color is unique? No, you can find it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fourth day. It's really not that noticeable unless you look at the nails carefully. I did not see chipping whatsoever. I am glad I got this polish. It's lasting me a long time and it's a color I reach for every fall and winter season.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...